Hacking RegionFour Released By Smealum!

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone confirm if this will play 'puzzle and dragons Z + puzzle and dragons super mario bros edition' EU? if so then i can play it in english before its NA release date (the end of the month :/ )

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

i think you mean ninjhax, not regionthree. to uninstall ninjhax you need to clear cubicninja's savegame, which can be done by holding L+R+X+Y in cubicninja's main menu.
Can we add each other on the 3DS? I think you're awesome!

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this had been answered already. When does region four stop working? When you open a new game, or when you power off your 3ds/run a DS game?
Regionfour stops working immediately after it boots the game, seeing as booting a game is its only function.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Regionfour stops working immediately after it boots the game, seeing as booting a game is its only function.

I'm trying to establish if you can run it once and then play as many out of region games as you want until you turn it off, or if you have to use Cubic Ninja before each time you boot a game. The second part of your response makes me unsure that you understood what I was asking.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to establish if you can run it once and then play as many out of region games as you want until you turn it off, or if you have to use Cubic Ninja before each time you boot a game. The second part of your response makes me unsure that you understood what I was asking.
You run it to boot ONE game. Its only function is to boot the game, it doesn't patch anything in memory, so it can't be permanent.
Anyway, you can't return to Home Menu after launching a game with RegionFour (except with Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS which have a region-free SDMH).

Reactions: Quantumcat

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about NA 3DS rom compatibility using a 9.7 FW Japanese new 3DS and regionfour. Anyone else getting a lot of NA 3DS roms being in Japanese instead of English even after using regionfour to run the roms? I read through a few pages in this topic and didn't see anyone discussing this which I thought was strange because I'm sure there are people out there like me who live in NA and imported a regular new 3DS.

I'm using sky3ds and so far have NA versions of Luigi's Mansion, Mario Golf, Yoshi's New Island, Resident Evil Revelations, A Link Between Worlds, and Rayman Origins on it. They all boot fine but out of these 6 games, 3 of them are in Japanese despite all the games being NA region. That's 50%, which seems really high.

Anyone else experiencing this? Are the games really this commonly in Japanese even when using regionfour?

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The games tries to use the system language. If you have a japanese 3DS and japanese is on the card, it will be used. Even if the game is from a specific region, it has (in most cases) different languages on the card.

Filipe Rosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the other post, RegionFour is not working on firmware 9.4.0.21 as some users reported. I have a N3DS on 9.4.0.21J that crashes, it is another person with a 9.4.0.21E and another with a 9.4.0.21U with the same problem. If someone knows a fix advice please.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Here's a pre-compiled package for zelda OOT regionFOUR. It contains almost all firms between 9.0 and 9.8 new/old 3ds all 3 regions. You will need savedatafiler, but maybe someone can create powersaves compatible saves from these files.

Attachments

• regionfour_zeldaOOT.zip
    92.6 KB · Views: 298

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep storming here in Ohio also