LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
regionFOUR By smealum

(RegionFour has been updated to support firmwares between 9.2.0 and 9.7.0, with some reports of it working on 9.0.0)

regionFOUR is a region free loader for New3DS/New3DSXL/3DS/3DSXL/2DS which currently works on on firmware versions 9.2 TO 9.7 this also allows you to bypass mandatory gamecard firmware updates.

it is a successor to regionthree made to rely on an exploit game (currently cubic ninja, zelda OOT support might come) rather than the web browser. as such it only requires an internet connection the first time it is run, and can then be run offline.

FAQ:
  • Requires Cubic Ninja
  • Supported Firmwares: 9.2.0-xx, TO 9.7.0-xx
  • Supported Models: New 3DS, New 3DS XL/LL, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS
  • Internet not required (Only if you choose to install the savegame)
Downloads and Instructions:
Please visit: http://smealum.net/regionfour/ To download, Instructions are there too.

More stuff:
Source Code: https://github.com/smealum/regionFOUR

Region free on 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS, 4.0.0-xx - 9.4.0-xx: regionTHREE By smealum (internet connection required)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
awesome ! hope it will work with sky3ds :)

First thing to do when I am home is using this to play Youkai Watch! ^^

Any info if the code for 9.7.0.25 works with the 24 version ?
I think I just recently updated to 25 and on smeas page it only goes to 24

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
could this be chained with the mset patch to remove the online requirement?

Like stated on the page, you only have to do it once online to get the patch, you can save it to the Cubic Ninja cart, after that you don't need an internet connection again, but you do need Cubic ninja everytime. If you don't save it to the game cart, you do need an internet connection everytime.)

7. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard's savedata, though doing so is not recommended.
8. Once regionFOUR is ready, you will be prompted to insert your out-of-region gamecard. Simply remove the Cubic Ninja gamecard, insert your gamecard and press START.
9. OPTIONAL - once the regionFOUR is installed to your gamecard, just go back to the "QR code" menu and it'll run automatically!
FAQ

Does this work on the latest firmware version ? Yes, 9.7 is supported.
Does this let me run homebrew and/or roms ? No, it only lets you run legit physical games from other regions.
Do I need to connect to the internet every time I want to use this ? No, you only need to connect to the internet the first time. You can then install it to your gamecard's savegame.
Do I need a flashcart/game/hardware for this ? Yes, regionFOUR currently requires that you own a copy of Cubic Ninja from your own region to run.
Will this work on my New 3DS ? Yes, this works on the New 3DS, the New 3DS XL, as well as the 3DS, the 3DS XL and the 2DS.
Will this break or brick my 3DS ? No. There's virtually 0 chance of that happening, all this runs is run of the mill usermode code, nothing dangerous. Nothing unusual is written to your NAND, nothing permanent is done. With that in mind, use at your own risk, I won't take responsibility if something weird does happen.
Will every game work ? No. Unfortunately, though most will, some games will not work properly with regionFOUR. One prominent such example is The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Great work again [user]smealum[/user] :)

Confirmed working with sky3ds on 9.2.0-20E n3ds :)

I'm guessing it's normal i can't exit game by pressing the home button? (just freezes system when i do that, so power off is only option).

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it says Cubic ninja, but I remember there being something similiar for Bangai-o Spirits.. Don't suppose this will work with that will it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup