Gaming Region switching eshop question

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The eshop isn't officially supported in the Philippines so the usual workaround is to set the eshop location to somewhere else. The games and consoles we get here are usually from the US though.

I want to buy Bayonetta 2 and I actually see 2 versions of the game. One has Bayonetta 1+2 on the spine and the other just says Bayonetta 2. Didn't think much of it (and the sales lady mistakenly thought Bayonetta 2 only had 1 game... It's priced 10 dollars cheaper) and I was planning to buy it by the end of July.

Then a friend of mine told me he had to make a new account coz the one he bought was for the EU region and the download code wouldn't give him Bayonetta 1... He still had money on his first account so he made A 2nd one, downloaded the game and carried on.

I used up all my eshop wallet already for botw and xenoblade dlc so I don't mind region switching just to download. But if I do end up buying an EU copy, can I region switch, download the game, then come back to the US and still have the EU game registered as purchased and re-downloadable by the US account?

Short version= can switch to a different region, download a game from another region, then go back and still be able to re-download the game afterwards on the same account?

Which part of the case is labeled as the region anyway?

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yes, you can, been doing that with my secondary account, switching between Japan, South Africa and Mexico and still be able to download any of them in whatever region I'm currently at as long as they are registered in my account.
If by case, you mean the cartridge, then it's the last 3 letters in the serial numbers in the black line of the cartridge.
pwDV4zO.png

Last edited by ItsTheWolf,

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright thank you so much. Was a bit hesitant to get Bayonetta if it meant jumping through hoops to get the digital game back if I delete it...

And I meant the actual game case. But it shouldn't matter any more if I accidentally get eur or us version since I can get the game back anytime no matter the region.

Last edited by raylgo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person