瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
smile.gif
ok, so i am on a brand new 4.1E console, i couldn't install bootmii as boot2, and, i THINK i have a d3-2 drive, as i couldn't run a gc backup (the gc backup loader just restarted my wii when it read it)
can i convert my wii to a 4.1J?
will i have to unistall dvdx, the mios i needed for gc loader, and bootmii ios and the hbc?
i read that some wiis can't region swap, as doing this puts the region down to 3.2, and some wiis cannot handle new the older firmwares.
is my wii one of those un-regionchangeable (as yet)?
do i have to 'downgrade' whilst changing my region, or can i just go straight to J?
(i have lots of japanese wii retail disks, so, since my drive can't play backups (i think) then, i have to swap the region to play them)
thank you so much! i am worried about bricking it, as i have no bootmii in boot2
frown.gif

also, is there a test i can do to see if i have a LU64+ wii? my serial numbre is LEH50.... so, it is NOT LU64+?
smile.gif

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you should've bought a used, backup capable console. I think geckoOS will allow you to play your legit off region games, but perhaps someone else can confirm. If not preloaders hacks should work also. That way you can play your off region games without changing the region of the wii, which has always seemed sketchy and unnessessary to me.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
and i am not, so i'll be ok?
smile.gif

well, if it goes wrong i'll send the wii back saying it wasn't working... lol.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D