Hacking region removal lock question

Jahhhhhh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so I just finished installing A9LH on my Japanese 3ds. :grog: Upon reading Luma3ds' other features and notes it says that
  • Region lock removal (region free), to run out-of-region cias and cartridges
Is it safe to play online? Also should I keep the region or ditch it and region change? Thanks! :ninja:

posted earlier at a wrong thread, I don't know how to delete it sorry for that :ph34r:

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is no danger playing games online that are installed cias.

With Luma there is no region lock, meaning that you can play games from any region. However, you may still find playing with WiFi with friends with 3DSs from other regions. Using cias from the same region, and even using the Luma locales folder function, will not help for many games (such as Mario Kart), but I believe online multiplayer will not be a problem.

You also can only go to the eshop from your console's region (I believe), and you cannot for many games update online. But you can almost always find cia updates.

Last edited by regnad,
Reactions: Jahhhhhh

Jahhhhhh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no danger playing games online that are installed cias.

With Luma there is no region lock, meaning that you can play games from any region. However, you may still find playing with WiFi with friends with 3DSs from other regions. Using cias from the same region, and even using the Luma locales folder function, will not help for many games (such as Mario Kart), but I believe online multiplayer will not be a problem.

You also can only go to the eshop from your console's region (I believe), and you cannot for many games update online. But you can almost always find cia updates.
thank you :) guess I won't be changing region then :ha:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool