Gaming Region differences?

AntvgX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Good day. I have a somewhat rare, for this day, question. In my possession there is old 3ds bought in the days of ambassadorship. And i never went on to create Nintendo network code for it, just playing games as is. Unfortunately, lately Nintendo blocked ability to buy games in eShop, unless i do so. And so, stands before me a dilemma. Upon registering a network key i must once and for all decide upon my region. But regions are not the same. South Africa prices are generally 50% of Europe ones. I could eat for more than 20 days a month, if allowed to buy stella glow for 25£, not 40£. That said, i have a fear, that South Africe could be a bit..barren. We all know how some regions don't get some games at all, some are cut out of DLC goodness and some are cursed with censorship and language barriers.

So, is there anyone who embraced South Africa as their region of choice, to educate on thou hardships?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems your asking two questions at once. Region differences, and if you should buy a 3DS made in, or from Africa.

For buying a 3DS with the best possible Nintendo Features, and good/decent prices go for DLC/Content for Nintendo stick with Europe, or Japan. America, and Korea don't get a lot of Nintendo Products shipped anymore, and certian products like Amibo's are barley shipped, or not at all. Other regions mostly have no Nintendo Products if not only a few.

AntvgX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You are somewhat mistaken. I am not asking about 3ds region(Of which there are only 3 - EU/US/JAP), i am asking about E-shop region, which are different for most countries. Due to price and content differences.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are somewhat mistaken. I am not asking about 3ds region(Of which there are only 3 - EU/US/JAP), i am asking about E-shop region, which are different for most countries. Due to price and content differences.
The content: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

Nope, there are EUR, JAP, USA, CHN, KOR, TWN 3ds regions!
Prices are similar (depends of the taxes of each country).

Last edited by RealityNinja,

AntvgX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Like i said, you are wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_eShop#Availability

E-shops differ in every country both in prices(due to different currencies and purchasing power) and availability of certain content. Stella Glow is 479 rand in SA, which is about 22£, 40£ in UK e-shop, 35£ in Russian and so on.
You can choose any region for your 3DS, regardless of where in was manufactured, before registering for Nintendo network.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use A9LH or similar and copy the games for free?

Becuase there wouldn't be a reason to make video games, if you lose profit over them due to piracy.

Like i said, you are wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_eShop#Availability

E-shops differ in every country both in prices(due to different currencies and purchasing power) and availability of certain content. Stella Glow is 479 rand in SA, which is about 22£, 40£ in UK e-shop, 35£ in Russian and so on.
You can choose any region for your 3DS, regardless of where in was manufactured, before registering for Nintendo network.

If your asking on what currency to use for EShop use yours. Game avilablillity varries on which region your 3DS is on. So if you have an American 3DS with American EShop, it will display differently compared from one in Europe.

If you want to figure out a way to get cheaper EShop games, and want to do the math on currencies on planet Earth. Then that's up to you. But 90% of the time they will mostly be the same price.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ