Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone !
rolleyes.gif

My first topic then.
blink.gif

I would like to report a quite strange behaviour i experienced in two wii so far.
After modding those wii, i got black screen of death because bluetooth is not starting (no wii sync). On one of them preloaoder and so on was ready. i follow whatever guide to unbrick those wii... I could re install OS with GC pad or what ever but wii will not going back to health menu anymore...

Wii number one was 4.0J turn to 4.2E

This one just stop working after quitting a game from usbloader_Gx using wiimote "return to wii menu" and got a blue screen. Starting up the wii black screen of death (bluetooth ?).

Wii number two was LU60 3.4U turn to 4.2E "briked" to black screen of death (bluetooth) after swithching it off from wiimote in system menu (after 15 sec) and unplug all cables for few hours. when plug back black screen of death ! Preloader will come up by pressing reset but wiimote will not sync in anyways.

these are the steps i followed :
- setting up internet wifi (refused nintendo update)
- bannerbomb the 3.4U installed in the LU60 US
- bootmii as an IOS (because LU60 unable to install as boot2)
- DVDX
- HBC 1.06
- Anyregion changer 1.1b to downgrade to 3.2 E setting all the fields correctlty to this region
- Safe updater 4.2E
- Trucha restore 15 for 36 install and 15 restore.
- HBC upsidedown but don't care continue upside down to proceed
- Install IOS70-v6687.wad
- Install IOS202-v4.wad
- Install IOS222-v4.wad
- Install IOS223-v4.wad
- Install IOS249-v14 from waninkoko original
- Install IOS250-v65535.wad
- Preloader .29 Jodi (because of getroot aborting message)
- SD preparation preloader OK
- Update Preloader .30
- restore original IOS36
- HBC normal again
- usbloader gx forwarder.wad.
- usbloader on SD OK

Can anyone may confirm that 4.2 on region changed wii can lead to the blac black screen of death (bluetooth) ?

Thank you

frenchderf

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frenchderf said:
Hello everyone !
rolleyes.gif

My first topic then.
blink.gif

I would like to report a quite strange behaviour i experienced in two wii so far.
After modding those wii, i got black screen of death because bluetooth is not starting (no wii sync). On one of them preloaoder and so on was ready. i follow whatever guide to unbrick those wii... I could re install OS with GC pad or what ever but wii will not going back to health menu anymore...

Wii number one was 4.0J turn to 4.2E

This one just stop working after quitting a game from usbloader_Gx using wiimote "return to wii menu" and got a blue screen. Starting up the wii black screen of death (bluetooth ?).

Wii number two was LU60 3.4U turn to 4.2E "briked" to black screen of death (bluetooth) after swithching it off from wiimote in system menu (after 15 sec) and unplug all cables for few hours. when plug back black screen of death ! Preloader will come up by pressing reset but wiimote will not sync in anyways.

these are the steps i followed :
- setting up internet wifi (refused nintendo update)
- bannerbomb the 3.4U installed in the LU60 US
- bootmii as an IOS (because LU60 unable to install as boot2)
- DVDX
- HBC 1.06
- Anyregion changer 1.1b to downgrade to 3.2 E setting all the fields correctlty to this region
- Safe updater 4.2E
- Trucha restore 15 for 36 install and 15 restore.
- HBC upsidedown but don't care continue upside down to proceed
- Install IOS70-v6687.wad
- Install IOS202-v4.wad
- Install IOS222-v4.wad
- Install IOS223-v4.wad
- Install IOS249-v14 from waninkoko original
- Install IOS250-v65535.wad
- Preloader .29 Jodi (because of getroot aborting message)
- SD preparation preloader OK
- Update Preloader .30
- restore original IOS36
- HBC normal again
- usbloader gx forwarder.wad.
- usbloader on SD OK

Can anyone may confirm that 4.2 on region changed wii can lead to the blac black screen of death (bluetooth) ?

Thank you

frenchderf

Do not update to 4.2 if your wii had a different region before (i.e. original 3.2J - changed to 4.1E - do not upgrade to 4.2E).

frenchderf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you GodLiKe an Bula.

I think that i read a lot of different forum and I think that 4.2E plus region change = Bluetooth Out of order.

Please any confirmations ?

Thank you

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about that.. I have a USA Wii with 4.2J on it and everything is just fine.
I know Korea Wii to 4.2 USA will give error 003 though, scarry stuff.

NewwiN

Trophies
XP
Country
frenchderf said:
- restore original IOS36
- HBC normal again

How do you restored original IOS36? After so many searches, I can't find out ...

After install patched IOS36 so I can install cIOS38, I could restore the original IOS36, right? I don't need it patched to run USB Loader and so on, right?

Thanks.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
you only need to patch ios36 to install cios38. once youve done that, feel free to restore ios36 back to its original state.

you can do this by using trucha bug restorer. it should be on the gbatemp downloads database.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Your bluetooth is not faulty - Preloader does not sync the wiimotes as you most likely dont have autoboot configured for it hence you need to use a GC controller

frenchderf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Odetective,

i don't think so. Preloader was installed few weeks before and preloader was set in colaboration with G0dLiKe. That problem occured without changing any settings or IOS...

Sync was OK during all that time.

NewwiN

Trophies
XP
Country
frenchderf said:
Newwin,

You may find IOS36 .wad on the net or by emailing [email protected].

downgrade 4.1...

havefun

Hi Frenchderf,

Thank you for your kind answer.

My Wii came with 3.2 and I upgraded it with Wii Sports Resort to 3.4 before do all the stuff
frown.gif
. Because of that, I needed to Patch IOS36 (with TBR) so I could install Wanikoko's cIOS).

So, this IOS36 you are talking about, revert my Wii to it's original IOS36, V3.4? After that, the only "strange" thing I will have on my Wii will be the cIOS from Wanikoko that I installed after patching IOS36, right? I'm asking this because if my Wii need to go to Repair, I know that I just need to uninstall Wanikoko's cIOS and everything will be as original.

Or, there's a way to Install Official V 4.1 (I can't do it normal way because there's a 4.2 version now), so that it will replace the patched IOS's to the original ones?

Thank you

frenchderf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all

Finaly, I receaved the bluetooth module from dealextreme that i ordered just to "try". I just finished to install it in Wii One

No more "black screen of death" upon power on ! O^O !
Health screen in "naturaly" displaying... i cannont sync my wiimotes though even if after a litlle while the auto pass heal screen just makes the wii to the main menu.
All my channels are there...
Still cannot sync... Tried all the methods... reseting bluetooth 15 sec red button on wii... Tried 30 times with normal syn process, pressing also 1 & 2 button... The module is may be defective...

But miracle ! it is working !

I will try to get another module and let you know.

But i do suspect that there is a link with region changed 4.2 and bluetooth module.

For newwin, there is now the method of installing ios 36 to slot 236 (truchabug restore latest version) giving you the ability to use it but not been disturb with trucha Ios36 in slot 36.
Usbloader Gx checked it this way in latest version quite buggy under 4.1

but if you have a foreign ios in the wii they will probably do not care except if homebrewchannel is there. Channels seems to "survive" system or IOS crash so when they restore a wii they search for HBC signature. So if you softmod and send it for repair they will know. Installing 4.2 and formating will make the wii return to original state. but if there is a trouble will you be abla to install 4.2 menu wad ?

Thank you for your help

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds like the one you got from DealExtreme might be defective too. If you RMA it, they'll replace it
smile.gif

The Wise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Any news frenchderf ?

I basically have the exact same problem except I don't remember messing with the wii software-wise before the brick happened. I bought a new bluetooth chip from DX and installed it : the wii boots fines but I can't get my wiimote to sync...
It seems unlikely that we both received halfworkng modules.
wacko.gif

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

frenchderf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally, I just got my replacement DX bluetooth. And it works just the same so NO SYNC.
But, if i follow the nintendo procedure to reset all connections press sync red button on wii for more than 15 sec while booting, i have a black screen !

So i switch with the first DX bluetooth and back to life again but still no sync.
- I tried to reinstall the new bluetooth DX again and it live again (no black screen) but no SYNC
- i tried to install the original bluetooth but still black screen (this one seems to be out for good)

In the End, i tought that may be system menu is not good but i am tired with this and i sold the wii on Ebay. May be using game cube controler would have allowed to reinstall system menu or downgrade using Xzxero method (off line wad system and ios) ? Bahhhhh

I just belive that 4.2 is quite unstable and all the more with regionchange. This bluetooth module from DX is only allowing to turn wii on and to be sold better than in blackscreen mode.

Well...

For "the wise", the problem appeared while quiting a game using "back to wii menu"...

End of the search for me

frenchderf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/