Gaming Regarding Water Temple in Ocarina Of Time.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember I was reading a walkthrough and it mentioned that there's a point in the water temple when you have one key and a possible two doors to unlock, and if you unlock the wrong one your game is rooted and you need to restart because there isn't another key in the room. Last time I played OoT I stopped playing at the water temple too because I just got stuck... then again I was pretty young though.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Its easier than the shadow temple.
Gah everything is invisible and there are spiders everywhere.
goddammit really pissed me off.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
I got pass it, but is it really possible for one to not be able to move on?
It's possible but it doesn't happen unless you try to.

Do you know if it can happen in the 3DS version? If so, then just make a copy of your save to a different slot before starting the water temple. In fact, you should probably do so before starting any temple just in case you get stuck.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
nl255 said:
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
I got pass it, but is it really possible for one to not be able to move on?
It's possible but it doesn't happen unless you try to.

Do you know if it can happen in the 3DS version? If so, then just make a copy of your save to a different slot before starting the water temple. In fact, you should probably do so before starting any temple just in case you get stuck.
A game like Zelda would never be incomplete like this, I got every key on the 3DS version of water temple and all doors unlocked with every room visited, so no you don't need to make an extra save.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I struggled with the Water Temple first time there, as did most of my friends, because we failed to notice that when you raise the water level in the central column, there's a secret passage leading to a key underneath the block that floats up. We seriously never noticed it. Now the 3DS version has the courtesy to avoid such simple mistakes by having it show you every time that block raises. Only one step below a big neon sign on the wall saying 'DOWN HERE DUMBASS'.

That and the Iron Boots thing was extremely annoying, having to pause the game to equip them. And Shadow Link was a pain in the arse, took us ages to get past that SOB.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Blaze163 said:
Personally I struggled with the Water Temple first time there, as did most of my friends, because we failed to notice that when you raise the water level in the central column, there's a secret passage leading to a key underneath the block that floats up. We seriously never noticed it. Now the 3DS version has the courtesy to avoid such simple mistakes by having it show you every time that block raises. Only one step below a big neon sign on the wall saying 'DOWN HERE DUMBASS'.

That and the Iron Boots thing was extremely annoying, having to pause the game to equip them. And Shadow Link was a pain in the arse, took us ages to get past that SOB.
The block part really did ease things out, but personally speaking, in all the games I play, I look around every single piece of stuff I move/destroy etc, be it a Zelda game or some other adventure title, that's just the way I play.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they changed what one or two doors that have locks on them. I noticed this when going threw the fire temple. When I played threw it on the GC disc, I always missed a key and ended up doing most of the temple rooms in a different order than the official guide recommends. This is no longer possibly, has you need the key right away to continue since they bought a lock on the next door and removed it from another.

In some early copies of OOT 64, you could glitch keeping a key from the treasure game and use that key in the water temple. The key would only work on one door making it useless, if you already opened said door in the water temple. Friend of mine used to use this glitch to prevent himself from getting stuck. I don't remember how it was done anymore. I asked him about it the other day and he doesn't remember how to preform the glitch anymore. All we do remember was it was hard to do and involved exact timing with something.

The Composer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
XAlexBlitz209X said:
Well there was also this room where you had to raise the water level and a platform would rise up and you would have to go under that platform and get a key.If you forgot that then you we're probably confused and fucked the whole way.lol

This is the correct answer, TC.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
mezut360 said:
Its easier than the shadow temple.
Gah everything is invisible and there are spiders everywhere.
goddammit really pissed me off.
It's the most easiest temple (Shadow Temple), you just didn't have Lens Of Truth.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
lol i did shadow temple and spirit temple at same time

completed spirit temple first after getting hover boots from shadow
tongue.gif

so i got all the medallions in order
tongue.gif

Blaze163 said:

also you realise there a trick to defeating him

get the extended magic bar and Dins Fire
and Bam

keep casting and he will die after using the full bar of magic and 1 sword hit

D

Deleted User

tigris said:
I just cannot get my head around the water temple, dammit.
Its really not hard, just make sure you explore every room with every possible water level.

Posts merged

Pong20302000 said:
lol i did shadow temple and spirit temple at same time

completed spirit temple first after getting hover boots from shadow
tongue.gif

so i got all the medallions in order
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jul 3 2011, 09:58 AM) Personally I struggled with the Water Temple first time there, as did most of my friends, because we failed to notice that when you raise the water level in the central column, there's a secret passage leading to a key underneath the block that floats up. We seriously never noticed it. Now the 3DS version has the courtesy to avoid such simple mistakes by having it show you every time that block raises. Only one step below a big neon sign on the wall saying 'DOWN HERE DUMBASS'.

also you realise there a trick to defeating him

get the extended magic bar and Dins Fire
and Bam

keep casting and he will die after using the full bar of magic and 1 sword hit
Or you can strafe and jump attack.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I find it a little bit funny... I'm 23 now, meaning I was 10 when the game was released. I didn't have any problems with the water temple at all... didn't even find it annoying with the boots or anything. However I found it scary. Just like the under water levels of banjo kazooie, mario 64, etc.
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Issac said:
I find it a little bit funny... I'm 23 now, meaning I was 10 when the game was released. I didn't have any problems with the water temple at all... didn't even find it annoying with the boots or anything. However I found it scary. Just like the under water levels of banjo kazooie, mario 64, etc.
tongue.gif
I used to be scared of water levels when I was younger too, not anymore, but the scariest level of all times would be the sonic adventure water level.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR86QgC3eiE[/youtube]
Water snake level, if you fell down, you fell into a bottomless pit of water.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
XAlexBlitz209X said:
Well there was also this room where you had to raise the water level and a platform would rise up and you would have to go under that platform and get a key.If you forgot that then you we're probably confused and fucked the whole way.lol

This! It just took ages to find, because I never actually noticed/thought about it. It's not that it was difficult, it was just so unassuming. Some random platform that happened to rise up, it isn't something most people would think about.

I never actually found the equipping/unequipping of the iron boots a problem tbh, even though you had to go through the long winded menu. Maybe that's just me?

Also there's a surprising number of people who quit playing. I could never do that lol, I have to keep playing until the end.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the 3DS version, it shows the hole under that platform when it rises.

Also, back in the n64 versions, door that lead tp places where you can change water level weren't colored, so finding the door wasn't that easy. Unless you remember which one it was, getting lost would have been easy.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
Well today afternoon (night here now as I post this) I reached the most talked about temple in the zelda series
note: I haven't played OoT on N64 EVER, this was and is my first outing on OoT

Ok so I started the temple and had goosebumps, it's so well designed and by far the most exciting temple I've come across in a zelda game. I finished it without any problem whatsoever, so my question is

What was so difficult about water temple in the first place?? I haven't played the original so idk if something was altered or not. I just wanna know what is all the fuss about this temple being difficult? I loved it.

Easily the best Temple in any Zelda game. I still have yet to fall in love with one since.

But from what I gathered, it's difficult for some people for finding the keys, using them in the right door, and changing the water levels.

For some, it's hard because they couldn't be fucked with hitting the red button then Z. So really it wasn't hard, people were just lazy.

I went through the temple as a kid, it was easily the best temple ever. Had absolutely no troubles with it at all. Imo, that's how every temple in a Zelda game should be, a challenge.

D

Dork

The Water Temple wasn't hard, it was annoying and irritating for the following reasons:

-The Nintendo 64's bland textures making it harder to spot the water levels.
-Switching from the Iron Boots.
-If you missed a key, you had to back track which can be difficult in this sort of temple.
-The Nintendo 64 version didn't show the hole after the platform rises when you switch on the second water level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb