Hacking Question Regarding downgrading firmwares...

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, (mainly due to curiosity) is there any reason to downgrade to an earlier firmware of the switch?
what with the switch itself is hackable
(given it is rcm-able from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/)
regardless of any firmware, it is on. I'm just wondering this because of seeing the AutoRCM option upon booting throught hekate (dunno how I missed that till now) and burning the fuse doesn't seem to be like loosing much.....

I dunno, is it just my preference or is there any other reason?

lieder1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the reason to have low firmwares was so that you could potentially have a RCM free hack later in life, but in my opinion upgrade to the newest.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick question, (mainly due to curiosity) is there any reason to downgrade to an earlier firmware of the switch?
what with the switch itself is hackable
(given it is rcm-able from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/)
regardless of any firmware, it is on. I'm just wondering this because of seeing the AutoRCM option upon booting throught hekate (dunno how I missed that till now) and burning the fuse doesn't seem to be like loosing much.....

I dunno, is it just my preference or is there any other reason?
Currently there is a warmboot exploit for 4.1.0 and a warmboot exploit is confirmed possible for up to 7.1.0. Not needing a dongle (and optionally a jig) to boot is in a way more convenient, but you need wifi every time to use the warmboot exploit, so I don't find it very convenient, but having both is nice so you can use the warmboot exploit when you're at home but still have the offline option with a dongle when you're on the go. The warmboot exploit for sure makes switching from OFW to CFW much easier, switching back is about the same. Hopefully in the future game based exploits are discovered so that you only need to use wifi once to install the exploited save data. But it's difficult because of ASLR on the Switch.

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, I see. guess I haven't dug deeper here as I thought. apologies if it was a rather "normie" question, but I appreciate the reply Kubas_inko, and The Real Jdbye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...