Regarding 11.4 and Custom Themes

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by cynderdragon96, May 16, 2017.

1. cynderdragon96
    OP

cynderdragon96 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    I am wanting to update my ofw o3ds to 11.4, but i have a custom theme on. I dont care about other homebrew, but im afraid of losing my theme. If i update to 11.4 will i lose my custom theme or will it still be there? Thanks in advance to any help.

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    With this, if you are wanting to place your o3ds to 11.4 you are going to want to install a cfw to the 3ds or once you update to 11.4 you will lose any homebrew including the option to add any further new custom themes for your 3ds system

Last edited by lone_wolf323, May 16, 2017
  3. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    you don't lose your theme but you will not be able to change it by another custom theme (no hbl access on O11.4)
    go to http://3ds.guide and hack your 3ds, follow all step and you can't brick your 3ds, a9lh is the better actually ;)

4. cynderdragon96
    OP

cynderdragon96 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    I dont wanna change it to be completely honest. xD. I just really dont wanna lose it if i update.

5. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Well. it is ultimately your call. Please do think long and hard about updating as you will close out alot of what you can do with the system as it is now. As with any data, there are chances that something may happen with current data you have now. If you update, any changes you want to make to correct the theme or whatever else you would like will become unable to do.

6. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    You won't lose your custom theme by updating unless you change it using the HOME Menu settings. However, You won't be able to use other custom themes because no Homebrew access on old3DS 11.4. Before updating, you should probably install Custom Firmware. It has lots of uses, and it's Homebrew that can never be taken away.