Reformatted SD card, bricked my switch?

staticdistance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I may have bricked my switch but I'm not sure... I've had a successfully hacked switch with atmosphere running for a while now. Just got a larger micro SD card that I was trying to transfer over to. In the process of doing this, I stupidly wiped and reformatted the old SD card because I wasn't thinking. It immediately crashed the switch, further attempts at reinjecting the hekate payload bring me to a screen that says
" Missing LP0 <sleep> lib!
Missing Minerva lib!

Update bootloader folder!
Press any key... "

How screwed am I? Is the switch irreparably bricked now? Any help or insight would be much appreciated, cheers.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Think I may have bricked my switch but I'm not sure... I've had a successfully hacked switch with atmosphere running for a while now. Just got a larger micro SD card that I was trying to transfer over to. In the process of doing this, I stupidly wiped and reformatted the old SD card because I wasn't thinking. It immediately crashed the switch, further attempts at reinjecting the hekate payload bring me to a screen that says
" Missing LP0 <sleep> lib!
Missing Minerva lib!

Update bootloader folder!
Press any key... "

How screwed am I? Is the switch irreparably bricked now? Any help or insight would be much appreciated, cheers.
yyyyy did you install atmo and hekate again on your sd?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You formatted your sd. You have to put your files back on the sd. Starting with Atmosphere and hekate. I mean, the error literally tells you to update your bootloader folder (extract it from the hekate release .zip). Of course it would be better if you had a backup...

• Haha
Reactions: Lamcza

staticdistance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You formatted your sd. You have to put your files back on the sd. Starting with Atmosphere and hekate. I mean, the error literally tells you to update your bootloader folder (extract it from the hekate release .zip). Of course it would be better if you had a backup...
I got Atmosphere and hekte/nyx back on the switch and was able to get hekate running again. Followed the instructions on rentry "How to set up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista (Unpatched)", (same that I had initially set things up with).

I seemed to have hit another wall though. In hekate, when I try to go to Launch, it says "No main boot entries found... Check taht bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini has boot entries or use More configs button for more boot entries." Any suggestions? Thanks again

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got Atmosphere and hekte/nyx back on the switch and was able to get hekate running again. Followed the instructions on rentry "How to set up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista (Unpatched)", (same that I had initially set things up with).

I seemed to have hit another wall though. In hekate, when I try to go to Launch, it says "No main boot entries found... Check taht bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini has boot entries or use More configs button for more boot entries." Any suggestions? Thanks again
as it says fix your hekate_ipl.ini

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND step 3

staticdistance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as it says fix your hekate_ipl.ini
Went back and doublechecked that, it looks the same as the rentry guide says. I'm able to boot into atmosphere by launching the fusee.bin payload directly. Is there a way to effectively factory reset the switch at this point so I can just start from scratch?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Went back and doublechecked that, it looks the same as the rentry guide says. I'm able to boot into atmosphere by launching the fusee.bin payload directly. Is there a way to effectively factory reset the switch at this point so I can just start from scratch?
check that one from sigpatches it should be ok

i think if you dont want to boot by fusee you need to add

"kip1patch=nosigchk"

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not want to start from scratch. You also do not want your hekate_ipl.ini to look like the one in https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND, as it's super basic. I have quite a few things setup in my main card, for example (I use a different card to boot linux/android). You could probably just remove the noexes entry and use the rest. Assuming you have no desires to keep your sysnand on lower firmware. If you update that, don't use autonogc=1. There is no benefit and can cause trouble in some cases (like booting into a black screen if a game cart is in the slot).

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp

[Noexes]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
debugmode=1
kip1=noexs.kip1

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock.bmp

What you REALLY need to do, is read the darn manuals, and learn what everything does, instead of trying to follow a list or waiting for someone to tell you what to do. There is a lot of stuff in the Atmosphere Docs folder, but hekate_ipl.ini is covered right there on the main page! https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

And by the way, if your IPL.ini was exactly the same as that guide, including location and contents, then you wouldn't be getting that error. You'd have 2 options to pick from as soon as you tap on "launch". Is it in /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini? Since it is in a subdirectory, and I don't know what kind of PC you're using... did you follow the step of fixing archive bits from that guide?

check that one from sigpatches it should be ok

i think if you dont want to boot by fusee you need to add

"kip1patch=nosigchk"
Yes, but if the ipl is setup just like the guide, then it's a moot point. It's calling fusee.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto