ferdi-t

OP
Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last year I accidentally semi-bricked my 360 (liteon phat, Ixtreme) by running a dash-update from a disc. The 360 now boots straight into an error message and doesn't accept anything (which rules out installing a different dash through usb).

I spent some time trying to figure out how to fix it, but ran out of spare time. I'm willing to give it another shot, so is there anyone who'se willing to help?

From what I learned I have to flash to stock then flash to the latest Ixtreme firmware. Last time I tried I was quite stumped by the Jungleflasher-tutorial, where I couldn't find out what to do. So perhaps anyone knows of a tutorial which tells me, on a step-by-step basis, what to do?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jungle flasher is really the best tutorial as it goes through every drive. the xgd3 update detects if u have spoofed ur drive. the reason is mainly due to the fact that not all, such as the older Hitachi, drives r xgd3 compatible. putting retail firmware on the drive is no different than customized firmware. u just need the drive key which allows the mobo and drive to communicate with one another. once u have that, u can change from retail to cfw easily. all of this explain with the jungle flasher tutorial pdf.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Err...JungleFlasher is the easiest step by step guide you'll find.

What don't you get? The basic steps of flashing a Lite-On drive is (this is assuming you haven't gotten the drive keys and you have possession of some type of probe [be it home made or just a CK3])
1. Take apart 360 case
2. Take drive out
3. Remove bottom plate from drive
4. Power drive in some way (external power source or just leave it plugged into the 360 with the 360 on), somehow connect it to your PC (via SATA or USB pro)
5. Launch Jungleflasher
6. Hit the Phatkey button
7. Probe point MPX01
8. Save drive keys
9. Load up iXtreme firmware
10. Hit Lite-On Erase
11. Hit Write
12. Hit Outro/ATA reset
13. Done.

Or, if you already have the DVD keys Just start from point 9 (if you're trying to flash your stock dvd keys, just make sure you choose your DVD key you hopefully saved before)

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I saw missing in your post is, once you flash back to stock firmware, let the xbox finish the dash update with the stock firmware, once you have finished the update, you then reflash the custom firmware back to the drive. It is not as hard as you think. It just takes some time and patience. Good luck.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I see it correctly, your drive is the part that's acting up.

I suggest you do what Suprgamr said.
If that doesn't work then you can sell your 360 as a RGHable console or RGH it yourself and sell it.

From that money you can buy a new second hand phatty or new Slim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1