Reducing the game pad's usage for initializing homebrew [Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Picartman, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Hello everyone, I just recently hacked my Wii U and everything is working very smoothly so far. I had an idea for reducing the game pad's usage when initializing homebrew. Currently I have to be on my game pad to either tap on the homebrew bookmark, or press X to open the curtains and use my Wiimote to tap the bookmark on-screen.

My idea was that perhaps there's a way to glitch the Wii U so that the curtains are open from the moment the Internet Browser is opened. Therefore I can then use the Wiimote to click the homebrew button without needing the game pad.

My goal is to simply turn on the Wii U with my Wiimote, open Internet Browser, then initialize homebrew without needing to touch the game pad. I could then leave the game pad charging forever without worrying about it.

Is this something that's possible? Any tips or alternatives would be appreciated, thanks for looking :)

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Just press x leave browser without booting homebrew then open back browser then boot homebrew. Problem solved. (You still need the gamepad on to boot homebrew. No way around that)

Picartman likes this.
  3. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Wow it worked, thanks! So I started the Wii U, I opened the curtains, went back to Home, shut the Wii U off, started it again, went to Internet, and the curtains were open. Now I can just leave the game pad charging in a drawer. Thanks again :)

xtheman likes this.
  4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The reason that happens is because booting homebrew undo what you just did in the internet browser so by leaving the internet browser then coming back will save what you just did.

Picartman likes this.
  5. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    That makes sense, thanks for the explanation :)