Gaming Red Steel 2 Officially Confirmed

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A few months ago, the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK was hinting at the possibility of Red Steel 2. However, the same magazine has officially confirmed that Red Steel 2 is in the works.

The developers are concerned with fixing issues that plagued the first game - fixing the controls, AI, and making the graphics look more appealing. Also, the will feature some type of Wi-Fi play!

The game has been in development for a year now, but there is no release date as of yet.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK YEAH

I really enjoyed the first one, hope they kept the same music guy
smile.gif

ooo and wifi

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK a lot of people hated the first game, it had a lot of faults, but I still enjoyed it to some extent and finished it. a second game which fixes all the problems of the first title and has online play would be cool. however, saying it has some time of wifi play I suspect it may just be player rankings

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first game was very promising and had a huge potential but was let down by some bad development choices, but I quite enjoyed it. It was definitely a unique experience and probably the second best launch game for the console IMO.

Looking forward to Red Steel 2.
smile.gif

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would personally like to see better katana control (not just several set movements) as well as use of the katana outside of the pre-determined fights (ex. I want to be able to sneak up behind someone and decapitate them
biggrin.gif
)

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed it; the only thing that truly bugged me (and bugs me with several Wii FPS's) is that the crosshair moves -- it isn't static in the center of the screen. It took me a LONG time to get used to. Overall I enjoyed Red Steel, glad I bought that on release day instead of COD3.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really enjoyed the first game. The only thing that spoiled the game for me was the poor implementation of the sword. I couldn't see the point of him putting the gun away and then using the sword. Maybe it would be a better idea on this one if you could choose to have a sword fight. Maybe the sword could do more damage or something to get you to use it more.

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently bought the first one and am about a third of the way through. For my $8, I'm enjoying this game, as I didn't have high expectations. As for the second one, I'd love to see online multiplayer or even a 4 player mode on 1 tv Screen, a la Goldeneye style. Perhaps an option when aiming where has to move the entire screen like a mouse (where the target is always centered in the screen) or the control scheme from the first Red Steel.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I understand it a Star Wars game is to appear also at some point in the near future (with light saber content) so some stiff competition may be faced (if indeed it has spent a year in development I would be willing to wager it is destined to appear in the pre-summer (April/May) period).

I have not put much time in (no modchip or desire to buy it) but I can see the potential it had.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed it; the only thing that truly bugged me (and bugs me with several Wii FPS's) is that the crosshair moves -- it isn't static in the center of the screen. It took me a LONG time to get used to. Overall I enjoyed Red Steel, glad I bought that on release day instead of COD3.
Call of Duty 3 is much better... Anyway what bugged me is that you couldnt save after every checkpoint. I was playing for like 20 minutes and I turned it off because I was being rushed (I had to go out). Then I was reading the faq, and all I had to do was beat the last part to save! I got more pissed! So yeah, they really need saving after every checkpoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021