Red Steel 2 Officially Confirmed

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by TGBoy, Dec 21, 2007.

Dec 21, 2007

Red Steel 2 Officially Confirmed by TGBoy at 5:56 PM (1,922 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. TGBoy
    OP

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    A few months ago, the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK was hinting at the possibility of Red Steel 2. However, the same magazine has officially confirmed that Red Steel 2 is in the works.

The developers are concerned with fixing issues that plagued the first game - fixing the controls, AI, and making the graphics look more appealing. Also, the will feature some type of Wi-Fi play!

The game has been in development for a year now, but there is no release date as of yet.

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    FUCK YEAH

I really enjoyed the first one, hope they kept the same music guy [​IMG]

ooo and wifi

3. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    OK a lot of people hated the first game, it had a lot of faults, but I still enjoyed it to some extent and finished it. a second game which fixes all the problems of the first title and has online play would be cool. however, saying it has some time of wifi play I suspect it may just be player rankings

4. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    The first game was very promising and had a huge potential but was let down by some bad development choices, but I quite enjoyed it. It was definitely a unique experience and probably the second best launch game for the console IMO.

Looking forward to Red Steel 2. [​IMG]

5. betawind

Member betawind GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would personally like to see better katana control (not just several set movements) as well as use of the katana outside of the pre-determined fights (ex. I want to be able to sneak up behind someone and decapitate them [​IMG])

6. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I enjoyed it; the only thing that truly bugged me (and bugs me with several Wii FPS's) is that the crosshair moves -- it isn't static in the center of the screen. It took me a LONG time to get used to. Overall I enjoyed Red Steel, glad I bought that on release day instead of COD3.

7. Apakarta

Member Apakarta GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    finally..................red steel was a good game

8. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    Hopefully they will have a bigger budged for this title.

9. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I really enjoyed the first game. The only thing that spoiled the game for me was the poor implementation of the sword. I couldn't see the point of him putting the gun away and then using the sword. Maybe it would be a better idea on this one if you could choose to have a sword fight. Maybe the sword could do more damage or something to get you to use it more.

10. Apakarta

Member Apakarta GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    and graphic really sucked

11. pimpyT

Member pimpyT GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Recently bought the first one and am about a third of the way through. For my $8, I'm enjoying this game, as I didn't have high expectations. As for the second one, I'd love to see online multiplayer or even a 4 player mode on 1 tv Screen, a la Goldeneye style. Perhaps an option when aiming where has to move the entire screen like a mouse (where the target is always centered in the screen) or the control scheme from the first Red Steel.

12. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    As I understand it a Star Wars game is to appear also at some point in the near future (with light saber content) so some stiff competition may be faced (if indeed it has spent a year in development I would be willing to wager it is destined to appear in the pre-summer (April/May) period).

I have not put much time in (no modchip or desire to buy it) but I can see the potential it had.

13. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    i agree. the game was a cool idea ,but it was also a rushed launch title(it definalely wasnt pushing any limits). still id like to see the swordfighting improved. bring on RS2. ill play it.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  14. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Call of Duty 3 is much better... Anyway what bugged me is that you couldnt save after every checkpoint. I was playing for like 20 minutes and I turned it off because I was being rushed (I had to go out). Then I was reading the faq, and all I had to do was beat the last part to save! I got more pissed! So yeah, they really need saving after every checkpoint.

15. Supertag

Newcomer Supertag Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG] I would be happy if this game turned out to be better than Red Steel

16. the_watcher87

Newcomer the_watcher87 Member

United Kingdom
    Red Steel was the first game I completed on Wii, I absolutely loved it but I have to admit the sword actions need to improve quite a bit