Homebrew red screen homebrew sound hax?

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello again. Ok so I managed to get to the point where I'm exporting pkhex files to the JKsaves folder onto my 3ds. However, every time I try to import the save file on the 3ds it works, until I exit. I get frozen on the red screen?

daandw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you get the red screen when exiting the apllication you can turn off your 3ds by holding the power button. The edited save should be imported succesfully

daandw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its saying my save data is corrupted?
In the pokemon game? If so, you did something wrong while editing the save file. Restore a backup if you have one. If not you could ask the creator of the save editor (pokemon) if it is possible to fix a corrupted file, i don't know anything on pokemon editing

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the pokemon game? If so, you did something wrong while editing the save file. Restore a backup if you have one. If not you could ask the creator of the save editor (pokemon) if it is possible to fix a corrupted file, i don't know anything on pokemon editing

deleted the old file in the folder, and re-exported the file. it cleared the corrupted problem, but the Pokemon doesn't show up. is it supposed to be in a box?

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been exporting the files to the moon folder still no luck on them showing up in the actual game :/

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deleted the old file in the folder, and re-exported the file. it cleared the corrupted problem, but the Pokemon doesn't show up. is it supposed to be in a box?
Depends on where you put it and what you were trying to do.....

EDIT: Every time I see this issue it's because people are either:
1. Forgetting to export the "main" file after making edits in PKHeX (so you're just injecting the same save you exported)

2. Literally importing the same save they exported because they are named the same.

Are you doing this process?

• Dump save
  • Export save
  • Load save in PKHeX
  • Make edits
  • Go to File>Export Main>(Let it overwrite the old one)
  • Put the edited "main" on the SD card
  • Inject it
  • Profit??

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on where you put it and what you were trying to do.....

EDIT: Every time I see this issue it's because people are either:
1. Forgetting to export the "main" file after making edits in PKHeX (so you're just injecting the same save you exported)

2. Literally importing the same save they exported because they are named the same.

Are you doing this process?

• Dump save
  • Export save
  • Load save in PKHeX
  • Make edits
  • Go to File>Export Main>(Let it overwrite the old one)
  • Put the edited "main" on the SD card
  • Inject it
  • Profit??

dump save? I can't override it it tells me it doesn't exist. Im using a Mac

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dump save? I can't override it it tells me it doesn't exist. Im using a Mac
dump = export.

Your OS doesn't matter, the program (MAC version too[running under wine]) still exports the "main" file and as long as you point it to the existing one it will definitely overwrite it. It's not going to overwrite something you didn't tell it to overwrite......

Either way, you can export it somewhere else and just make sure you grab the correct file to import.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: Like @Joom said, you can also just use PKSM but depending on your goal it might not be the ideal solution. PKSM is great in terms of event injections, pokemon edits, and extra storage. Though, if you're attempting to edit items, trainer data, etc you would need to use PKHeX.

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dump = export.

Your OS doesn't matter, the program (MAC version too[running under wine]) still exports the "main" file and as long as you point it to the existing one it will definitely overwrite it. It's not going to overwrite something you didn't tell it to overwrite......

Either way, you can export it somewhere else and just make sure you grab the correct file to import.

EDIT: Like @Joom said, you can also just use PKSM but depending on your goal it might not be the ideal solution. PKSM is great in terms of event injections, pokemon edits, and extra storage. Though, if you're attempting to edit items, trainer data, etc you would need to use PKHeX.
dump = export.

its a little difficult. I kept exporting the main file to the moon folder on the jkv saves folder. now the pkhex won't let me edit the Pokemon that appear on the box

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a little difficult. I kept exporting the main file to the moon folder on the jkv saves folder. now the pkhex won't let me edit the Pokemon that appear on the box
Stop trying to edit them straight from the SD directory. You probably have write permissons locked or something. Can you copy files to the SD card just fine? If so, pull the save off the SD card and place it on your desktop, then edit it, replace it, and move it back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, after you save your edits to the "main" file on your desktop, delete the one in SD:\JKSM\Saves\<Title> before you put the edited one in there. That way you know without a doubt you put the right save in the file.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I exported from the sd card, and did the "open". then saved it overwriting it , now the only issue is it freezing hopefully that does not matter

Im doing everything and the file still doesn't show up in the game. and I am editing a Pokemon from the party. it is freezing to the red screen when I try to exit from the jksaves, but that should be an issue?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I exported from the sd card, and did the "open". then saved it overwriting it , now the only issue is it freezing hopefully that does not matter

Im doing everything and the file still doesn't show up in the game. and I am editing a Pokemon from the party. it is freezing to the red screen when I try to exit from the jksaves, but that should be an issue?
That has nothing to do with it, that's the nature of the unstable *hax* payloads used for Homebrew. If JKSM says "complete" after injecting then it did it's job. I'm just betting you're not copying the right file, in the correct place to your SD card.

If you don't believe me, go to JKSM, dump your Pokemon save. Then go to your game and delete the save file by holding up+x+b. After you delete it, start a new game (don't save, just let it load to where you can select your name), then exit the game.

Go back to JKSM and inject the save you JUST exported (JKSM allows you to name the files the saves are stored in I suggest you keep at least two; one named "Current" and one named "Edited"). Your game should be restored. Do all this at one time, don't even remove the SD card. If it works (and it should if you do it correctly) then you know the program isn't the problem.

Joe9341

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the file is going into the JKSV>saves>Pokemon_moon>moon>main file

Im even trying the PKSM and its not showing up on my home-brew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat