Red Dead Redemption freezes on start up

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Edge4o7, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010
  1. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    So, I downloaded RDR. I've played it a few times and it went smoothly. The disc hasn't been removed from the Xbox since I've successfully played it, so it's in fine condition. The Xbox is playing other games fine.

That said, when I put RDR in... No success lol. It's as if a timer is put into effect when it realizes RDR is in my disc tray lol. If I turn my xbox on, use the bathroom and come back, it freezes on start up. If I turn my xbox on, and immediately press A to play RDR, I get to the title screen, I can press start. The 3 options at the bottom appear. I press A for single player, and the other 2 options disappear. (A Button) Single Player stays on my screen, and it just freezes up there. The guide button still works, etc. But no movement on screen and no activity for 10 mins when I went to cook some food.

Any ideas?

2. twardy10

Newcomer twardy10 Newbie

Poland
    I've got the same problem. I've installed RDR on the HDD and when I press START there is 3 options to choose. It's mean Download Content, Multiplayer and Single Player. I choose Single Player and other options are disappear and game freezes up. It's crazy cause when I play it from DVD it works fine and there is no problem like that. Could u help ? Maybe I should try to update it from Xbox live and it'll help. I don't know what should I do [​IMG]