Recycling

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I called in sick today as my vision continues to be a problem. I can cope, but it's better to avoid stressful situations for a few days to recover. To that end, I went into town with my friend Kev to deal with my financial woes. As you know, thanks to be drastically underpaid this month, I was short on my phone/broadband bill this month by about £25. So I sold some stuff. Sort of. The only store that accepts dvds didn't have any cash (again) so me and Kev devised a system. Simply put, I took the cash for the game he went in to buy and added it to my bank account to settle my bill, then he paid for his game using the equivalent value from my trade-ins. I also traded a few extra items in to get myself some shiny things. Here's the exchanges.

Traded in

- DVD Box sets of American Pie (all 7 films), Harry Potter (first six), Blackadder (complete set).
- Standalone DVDs of Role Models and a couple of others I forget the name of.
- CDs. 3 Linkin Park Albums, Good Charlotte and Rasmus.
- Red DS Lite, badly damaged but they don't know that.

Acquired

- Sufficient money to pay my bill.
- DVD Box set of Bottom series 1-3.
- Super Street Fighter IV 3DS Edition

Now it may seem that I made a loss on the day, but consider the following.

1) The CD's are no-loss trades as I never use them. I ripped them to my MP4 player and play everything through my Xbox 360. So no great shakes about losing them.

2) With the exception of Blackadder, I have alternative means of watching every film I traded. My brother has the other two box sets, the loose films I can download if I want to watch them again.

3) I can quote every episode of Blackadder word for word perfectly. I see little reason to continue owning it.

4) My old DS Lite is entirely pointless. Once I replace my Cyclo DS Evo with a Supercard DS Two I can continue to use the roms I have on my 3DS. The DS Lite was badly damaged anyway, give it maybe another three months before it burns out completely. Ergo I have lost pretty much nothing.

5) I can pay my bills so all else is a secondary concern anyway.

I also managed to acquire a few spare pounds to keep aside for the next time my brother or dad cook something utterly foul (the 'emergency pizza' fund) and a beginner's deck of Magic The Gathering as Kev started playing a few days ago and needed an opponent. Cost me nothing as I bought them using the points from my Game reward card. I used to play about a decade ago so I know the basics. I'm pleased they removed that whole 'mana burn' thing though 'cause I always forgot about it. I lost the two games I played against the random guy in Escape Games I lost, but the game I played against Kev was hilarious. He barely got a single attack in against me. Then I used a special card to summon an army of cats and ripped him to shreds
tongue.gif

Not a bad day, all things considered. In other news,

- As I now have an online enabled 3DS game I will finally get round to adding the many people who have sent me their FC's over the last couple of weeks. Sorry for taking so long. Don't expect a great match on SSF4 though, I never was particularly good at it.

- As Kev has pretty much given up on Warhammer 40K now as well, I'm going through with the sale of my army, if the guy on Swapz makes a decent offer. Provided I score around £40 for DOA Dimensions or something, I'll consider it a win. On the odd occasion we do cross paths Kev and I will probably play Magic instead. It costs less, doesn't take as long, and there's much less crap to cart about town to be able to play. A full 3000 point Warhammer 40K match requires about four big boxes of models. We can carry enough cards to create several varied decks for an afternoon of gaming in our coat pockets. Much better. Plus we can play it anywhere, you don't need a huge table to play on.

- One of our neighbours was dragged away in handcuffs earlier. Dunno what happened but one minute the paramedics are speeding into our little cul-de-sac, the next a police car screeches up and drags a guy out of the house in cuffs. Lord knows what happened.

- As I now have only minimal bills to pay every months and I own pretty much all the decent 3DS games available right now (all four of them), I reckon I'll start saving towards replacing my passport. 'Tis my sworn intent to replace my passport, save up for a few months, fly out to New Zealand and see Sian. Dunno how I'll do it but I need to find some way. It bugs me having unfinished business.

Well, not much else of interest going on today, so until something does happen I'm gonna play Street Fighter for a bit. Toodles
smile.gif

Blaze.

'I still remember what I saw when I was four. You, the chauffeur, the bucket of fish...' - Richie, Bottom Series 1 Episode 4 'Apocalypse'.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...so far not overly impressed with Street Fighter IV. The dynamic view is great and the gameplay's as satisfying as ever, but it didn't escape my attention that the backgrounds are static which looks really out of place. What gives with that? They look awful. The sweet spot is a little difficult to find and maintain as pushing buttons at high speeds for combos jiggles the system about, knocking out of the spot. And of the few battles I've fought online so far, most have been Akuma players spamming Hadoukens until I get bored jump over them and kick them repeatedly in the face. Douchebags
glare.gif

I'll give it a bit more time to impress me, preferably through an update which restores movement to the previously animated and exciting backgrounds, but right now it's on the 'ok but not great will trade if I need the money' list. Not a truly epic start for the system as a whole, really. Most of the games I've played so far are pretty good but neither truly fantastic nor eternally memorable. I hope the 3DS picks up pace soon. It's a great system with decent games, but it needs at least one game which is undeniably classic before I'll feel like it was 100% worth the wait.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I was thinking about it, how people manage to keep/maintain the sweet spot in a game such as street figther.
Even without 3D effect and such, playing street fighter on a handheld.. well not my thing.
As my button mashing skills are.. TOO GODLY
tongue.gif

I have broken Arcade sticks before, xD.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3D is a little easier to maintain if I change the way I sit. The static backgrounds are my major pet peeve. Even my SNES version has animated arenas. I don't get why they changed them. I can only assume there was some sort of conflict with the 3D effects. But then Ridge Racer works fine with helicopters flying at my face every few minutes so it's not like the system can't handle it.

I do enjoy the Dynamic View Mode. Not wanting to sound too cliche but it genuinely adds a feeling of depth. When I punched Ryu to death and sent him flying, it genuinely felt like he'd gone some distance. Works pretty well.

Incidentally, anyone spamming while playing against me will be force-fed a bag full of old dog turds. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz