Recovering Data...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jonthedit, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jonthedit
    OP

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Alright, I'm trying to recover a .bak file that was lost. Here's what happened.
    I was on Windows 7 64-bit Home premium and decided to rewipe, since It had a bunch of registry errors from me using shit-up-me`-arse programs such as Advanced SystemCare, CCleaner, etc.
    I wanted to make a partion of 100gb so I could store backup stuff. I was unable to, so I then had to use PERFECT DISC and use the "Prepare for Shrink" defrag option. This worked, and let me make the partion.
    Before I defragged, I deleted a file (which I want to recover) that was HC.bak (i think) which was really a .rar file, but I changed the extention for security reasons. I then Perma-Deleted it, as I felt I didn't need it anymore. I need it now! It contains old school documents which I thought I wouldn't need. Anyway, Then after that, I formatted my remaining 3gb in the Windows 7 Installer and installed like it was brand new.
    I think I've performed 2 defrags since. Am I screwed? Any ideas? Thanks!

Summary :
    *Perma Deleted a file
    *Prep for Shrink Defrag'd
    *Partion'd 100gb for backup
    *Formatted 300gb (the main partion)
    *Reinstalled Win 7
    *I prob defragged 2 times since
    *I need that perma-deleted file! [Which is a .bak currently]

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    See if Recuva can get it on the deepest scan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice