Hacking Recover SD card after accessing Wii Save game data menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolio353
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,703
  • Replies Replies 4

coolio353

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jun 27, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
88
Country
Greetings all,

I've had my wii homebrewed since '08 and recently tried to put the smash bro's melee 20xx training pack save onto my gamecube memory card, unfortunately I forgot that we must never ever go into the save game data menu and sure enough my SD card now no longer works in the wii.

I have tried reformatting the SD card, as shown on the wiibrew guide, and putting the files back on but unfortunately this hasn't worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my SD card to work again?

Many Thanks,
 
Hm... pure speculation here, but you could try re-partitioning the SD card, do a full reformat (not quick format) and rename it to something else.
 
Hiya,

Sorry for the late reply, I just tried a full reformat and rename but unfortunately the SD card is still not being picked up by the Wii.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all,
 
I've solved the puzzle!

I realised in my copy of my SD card I had a folder called bootmii which contained a file called bootmii.ini. When I copied bootmii.ini to the root of the SD card the issue was resolved, I thought only boot.elf was needed.

I also formatted to ntfs then back to FAT just to be sure the file system was correct.

It seems that when you go to the save game data menu it deletes the bootmii.ini file and simply putting that file back in should work.

Hopefully if someone else cocks up like I did they'll also have a bootmii folder somewhere to restore bootmii.ini
 
Greetings all,

I've had my wii homebrewed since '08 and recently tried to put the smash bro's melee 20xx training pack save onto my gamecube memory card, unfortunately I forgot that we must never ever go into the save game data menu and sure enough my SD card now no longer works in the wii.

I have tried reformatting the SD card, as shown on the wiibrew guide, and putting the files back on but unfortunately this hasn't worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my SD card to work again?

Many Thanks,

Why wouldn't you be able to go save game data menu? I've gone into it countless times and had no problems. Unless you are using an home brew program instead of WII's native save data manager.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted