Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What are the pros of partitioning? I have XP, seven and eight on the same partition I don't understand the waste of space(unless you have too much)
How the fuck did you get 3 OSes (even worse, Windows OSes) on the same partition? I call bullshit.

Hold on your horses my friend suprgmr. Technically I am only using 1 partition but windows seven and eight both support VHD install which does not waste space like a partition would do. Windows sees 2 partition but I am only using 1.

So? Whats the pros?

Partitions don't really waste all that much space, so that's a rather poor argument for not having one. See below for the reason why I called bullshit.

Windows has supported multiple installs on one partition since XP (and likely before).
You just need to tell it to use different base folders in that partition.
C:\Windows1
C:\AnotherWindows
C:\ShitISkipped2
Like that.

Anyways if things are on multiple partitions, wiping/moving one install without wiping the others is much easier.
I was unaware, I was always told this is impossible...huh. Whenever I would change the directory's name for the other windows installation it would tell me it's invalid or something of the like...mind=not all that blown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Pink iMac G3 style case running Windows 98. :)