Hacking recommended way to play GBA (without the sound cracking issues) ?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, from some of your experience what is the best way to play the GBA roms, through adrenaline psp gba emu?
or through vita's mGba ? retroarchs gba emu ?

and i would also appreciate the one that is most stable in terms of crashes/save state corruptions etc. (did not have either of those issues on mGba ,mGba is the one i currently use but some of the games become unplayable for me due to very bad cracking sound).

hope someone has the answer for me, thanks in advance.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I would say gpSP on adrenaline. It's my goto emulator for GBA. Runs most games just fine. Its sad that emulators on PSP via adrenaline does a better job than native Vita emulators.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I would say gpSP on adrenaline. It's my goto emulator for GBA. Runs most games just fine. Its sad that emulators on PSP via adrenaline does a better job than native Vita emulators.
yeah i agree, while i do prefer vitas own gba emus, they seem to not be the most ideal way to play the gba roms.
i will give the gpsp one a go , but which version though?
there is even a tempgba which is for the pspemu or is there not?

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yeah i agree, while i do prefer vitas own gba emus, they seem to not be the most ideal way to play the gba roms.
i will give the gpsp one a go , but which version though?
there is even a tempgba which is for the pspemu or is there not?
I have some "kai"-version, not sure exactly which one. I just copied mine from the PSP memory card. I know some version will crash and corrupt the gpsp-folder. I can have a look tomorrow, gotta sleep now :)

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
retroarch should be the best way on vita but i always prefer play gba games on 3ds with fixed colors.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
retroarch should be the best way on vita but i always prefer play gba games on 3ds with fixed colors.

with fixed colors? what's that exactly?
and also, i tried retro arch but it confuses me, the interface looks messed up somehow and when i scan directories it doesn't add the gba roms and there is no menu while in a game.

i found tempgba the best! only downside is I'll need to launch into psp adrenaline mode to access it , but i also need to find a way to get tempgba to give full screen.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on vita i use gpsp on retroarch(but you'd need to "dump your gba bios") also sound is fine most of the time, there can be some cracking when saving or loading a new screen though.

in general i prefer playing gba games on the 3ds since it's not emulation and the game runs like on original hardware with perfect sound. also the 3ds is smaller and fits in pretty much every pocket.

Last edited by ShroomKing,

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
on vita i use gpsp on retroarch(but you'd need to "dump your gba bios") also sound is fine most of the time, there can be some cracking when saving or loading a new screen though.

in general i prefer playing gba games on the 3ds since it's not emulation and the game runs like on original hardware with perfect sound. also the 3ds is smaller and fits in pretty much every pocket.

the only reason i did not like gba on 3ds was the way it launches the games and especially when you quit a game it kind of reboots the 3ds and takes a long time for all of that.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason i did not like gba on 3ds was the way it launches the games and especially when you quit a game it kind of reboots the 3ds and takes a long time for all of that.
yeah i agree, it takes quite the long time. But i often find it to be quicker than launching adrenaline or retroarch and loading a rom.

gpsp on psp is Much better than other gbaemu on vita...

how is gpsp on the native vita retroarch worse than gpsp running on the pspemu?

and if you're talking about the mgba vita port, you're right it's really bad and you shouldn't bother using it because the retroarch cores work fine.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i cant get into the retroarch vba next emu..
it just does not want to work for me.

there are also no shortcuts to save/a save state or i just dont know how to use it.
and it wont load the gba roms even when i scan/directory etc.
just shows up a single gba rom.

and i also dislike the interface.. i really love the one called tempgba ,but i can only run it through adrenanline as it is originally a psp gba emu, i love the interface it uses and all of it uses original gba filter no sharpening etc.
just smoothens out picture abit which looks good to me, only gotta find a way to get the right amount of zooming with it as it does not have a fullscreen stretching option.

(i will test out the gpsp kai version later and see how it goes.)

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the one you're more comfortable with then.

also i guess if you only want to emulate one system there is no point in using retroarch, for me it was totally worth it to invest half an hour into looking through all the settings and setting up binds and creating playlists for the systems/games i'm interested in.

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
gpsp on retroarch runs for example mario kart @ just above 50 fps with massive slowdowns. The gpsp version I use via pspemu runs the game fine without frameskip, maybe not always @ 60 fps, there is no fps counter in emulator but the game runs smoothly and is definitely playable which it isn't on retroarch. I guess the reason is that there are a million versions of this emulator out there...

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno if you ever got a emu working but the one i use on Adrenaline is this one "UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225" was using this on my pspGO and pspSLIM and i just recently started using it on my Vita, best one so far if you ask me.

PSVitaNerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why no one has mentioned this yet but just use the app called adrenaline bubble manager to create a bubble shortcut to your emulator within adrenaline. Easy as pie. That way you don’t have to boot adrenaline every time you want to access an emulator. And there are also retroarch cores you can set up as stand alone bubbles if you don’t like the Retroarch UI. Knowledge is power. Enjoy.

i cant get into the retroarch vba next emu..
it just does not want to work for me.

there are also no shortcuts to save/a save state or i just dont know how to use it.
and it wont load the gba roms even when i scan/directory etc.
just shows up a single gba rom.

and i also dislike the interface.. i really love the one called tempgba ,but i can only run it through adrenanline as it is originally a psp gba emu, i love the interface it uses and all of it uses original gba filter no sharpening etc.
just smoothens out picture abit which looks good to me, only gotta find a way to get the right amount of zooming with it as it does not have a fullscreen stretching option.

(i will test out the gpsp kai version later and see how it goes.)
with fixed colors? what's that exactly?
and also, i tried retro arch but it confuses me, the interface looks messed up somehow and when i scan directories it doesn't add the gba roms and there is no menu while in a game.

i found tempgba the best! only downside is I'll need to launch into psp adrenaline mode to access it , but i also need to find a way to get tempgba to give full screen.
F

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I am a ps vita guru/nerd. Praise Me now. Praise your senpai boiiiiiii

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even steven
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    Morganna @ Morganna: hello? anyone alive here?