Hardware Recommended external HDD?

runkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am debating on which hdd to buy for my wii, seeing as these hdds were not addressed in the compatibility chart I'm asking here directly, can you recommend or report any errors while using any of theses hdds?
Seagate FreeAgent Desk ST310005EXD101-RK
Seagate FreeAgent Desk ST310005FDD2E1-RK
Seagate FreeAgent Go ST905003FGA2E1-RK
Western Digital My Book Essential WDH1U10000

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
runkz said:
I am debating on which hdd to buy for my wii, seeing as these hdds were not addressed in the compatibility chart I'm asking here directly, can you recommend or report any errors while using any of theses hdds?
Seagate FreeAgent Desk ST310005EXD101-RK
Seagate FreeAgent Desk ST310005FDD2E1-RK
Seagate FreeAgent Go ST905003FGA2E1-RK
Western Digital My Book Essential WDH1U10000

I have the last one (the Western Digital My Book Essential) in the 1TB form and I can reassure you that it works brilliantly.
I've never had any problems with it, it runs all my Wii games, media and roms fine. Definitely my best purchase of the past 6 months.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
runkz said:
@Satangel

But can you mount it as a single partition of 1tb and its still usable?

My HDD is divided in 2 partitions, a 250GB one for my Wii games (way too large, should have made it 150GB or so) and around 700GB for Warez.
I never tried it running in a single partition of 1TB.

According to the Wiki though, it is possible to have the entire 1TB HDD working with your Wii.
Check it out:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...bility_List#1TB

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both a free agent desk and a free agent go. I use the free agent go for the wii since it is powered by usb and it works flawlessly. The free agent desk is 1TB and I've never had a problem with it.

akoposialdo

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help me about my hdd,, its a 2.5" hdd imation apollo 320gb,,its not in the chart here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

in the chart, it has imation 160gb and 250gb,, how about my 320gb?? i tried WBFS and format it and it is sucess, but if i try WBFS inteligent it says error format,,
is my hdd is not compatible??thnx and sory for my bad english..

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Am using a FreeAgent Go 320 GB. 100 GB partition for Wii and the rest for data transfer purposes
smile.gif

Works AWESOME!!!
wink.gif

koala.monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to by a seagate external hdd but i think the case is not from seagate it's from a 3rd party and the hdd is the actual seagate, the hdd is 1tb SATA2 - 7200 rpm - Buffer 32 mb - data transfer 480 Mbps. But I don't have a model number or anything that's all the announce says. Would you guys recommend it? since it looks like a some regular seagate hdd boxed in some case?

koala.monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koala.monk said:
I'm about to by a seagate external hdd but i think the case is not from seagate it's from a 3rd party and the hdd is the actual seagate, the hdd is 1tb SATA2 - 7200 rpm - Buffer 32 mb - data transfer 480 Mbps. But I don't have a model number or anything that's all the announce says. Would you guys recommend it? since it looks like a some regular seagate hdd boxed in some case?

Just bought the model I wrote earlier, worked fine with ntfs partition, wbfs folder - .wbfs file and cfg usb loader 57b4 with ciox rev19 and hermes v5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo