Recommendations for a first-timer

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Conspiracy0, Jan 21, 2010.

Jan 21, 2010
  1. Conspiracy0
    OP

Newcomer Conspiracy0 Member

United States
    Hello there, I'm just getting started into this whole Flash Cart thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. From what I've gathered, you don't actually have to do any hardmodding or softmodding, just insert the cart? I honestly don't know but I should quit rambling.

I could use some tips for a good flash cart for a first time.

I would prefer it to have thes features.
    • Easy/No setup; I don't want to have to research how to get mine running [​IMG]
    • I don't own a microSD card, and don't want to have to buy if I don't have to. I will if I really need one, however.
    • No more than 50$ w/shipping.
    Any advice you can give is appreciated. Thank you.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention I have a DS Fat.

2. Shabang21

Member Shabang21 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    1. I suggest the Acekard 2i for your DS Lite/DSi needs. It's simple to use and the best on the market IMO.
    2. You HAVE to use a MicroSD card, however you can normally buy the flashcart bundled with a 2/4/8/16 card. Once again, you HAVE TO USE an SD card.
    3. Use google, search for online shops to purchase an Acekard 2i [or whatever flashcart you decide]; As I don't live in the US, I'm not exactly sure the best sites. Someone else can help with that I'm sure.

Best of luck.

3. Conspiracy0
    OP

United States
    Thank you, but I just realized something I forgot to add. I have a DS Fat. HOpe this doesnt really affect anything

4. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    Try RealHotStuff. You can get it bundled with a 4GB MicroSDHC card or a 2 GB MicroSD card and it comes with a reader. Shipping is about 3 days from what I've heard.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/-c-125_102.html

Edit: The Acekard 2i works with all DS systems. Worked with my Phat before I upgraded.

5. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    1st reply + Here's a good link to buy from.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/-c-125_102.html

Either pick free shipping and buy a MicroSD separate (recommended, because they're a little more expensive if you buy a bundle), or buy the bundle.

For you, I recommend a 1-4GB (1GB, 2GB, 4GB) Kingston microSD. Unless you know some brands yourself. In that case, go with the one you're most comfortable with.

6. Conspiracy0
    OP

United States
    On the free shipping one it says it comes with a Usb reader. Is that for the Cart or the microSD?

7. Shabang21

Member Shabang21 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's for the MicroSD, to make it easier to copy games and the filesystem across.

8. Conspiracy0
    OP

United States
    Ok then. I'm probably going to buy the 2GB bundle for the Acekard 2(no lite yet :

9. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    EDIT: Forgot the vid showed you where to get ROM's. I deleted it. Sorry mods.

10. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    ak2i...dont worry, they are really cheap but probably the best card out there
    probably arond $20 with free shipping but you will have t buy a seperate micro sd but sometimes you can get it with the ak if u pay extra

if u want to buy a seperate card try to get a 4gb or bigger and try to get a class 4 atleast if not a class 6

11. CompC

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, if you're going to get an Acekard, I'd get the Acekard 2i. You won't notice a difference, but if you ever get a DSi, it'll work on that. The Acekard 2 won't.