Recommend wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by nloding, Jan 16, 2009.

1. nloding
    OP

nloding GBAtemp Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    United States
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I just got a kick ass new laptop with a 9800GT video card in it, and my old wired laser mouse just broke. I was cheapo mouse, but it felt nice in my hand -- and then the right-click broke, and I never really realized just how much I use the right-click. Wow does it suck to not have it work.

I want a responsive wireless mouse. I know wireless isn't the best for gaming, but that's fine; I need the wireless for portability reasons and ease of management. Plugging in a dongle is easier than plugging in and managing cord.

I want the Logitech Revolution, but it's quite pricey. I was then looking at the Logitech G7.

Any recommendations on a decent wireless mouse for a good price? My requirements: wireless, responsive, scroll wheel, and the side buttons (which I used to kick my browser back and forwards). Anything else is just fun.

--Nathan

2. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    Why dont you get a mouse with a retractable cord?

3. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    ur laptop has a 9800gt? i hate u >.<

well i have this logictech one with a nano usb (i think there's only one kind). it's like 1cm big, so no worries of it snapping off or anything. also, as for gaming, i play starcraft and i can still micro pretty well so no worries there.

EDIT: ahh nvm it doesn't have side buttons

4. Cermage

Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 2, 2007
    im using a logitech mx1000. very nice comfortable mouse nice weight too. it may feel a little heavy at first but once you get used to it you can never go back ^^.

5. Taza

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    I have the MX Revolution. Once you get the right scrollwheel setting, it's beyond awesome.

You're really missing out. Of course, I also bought $50 worth of supplies. (A pro gaming mousepad because my old one didn't work with lasers that well, and a decent wrist rest.)

But overall, the MX 1000 is a good second choice. It has most of the good sides of the Revolution without any of the awesome.

6. nloding
    OP

nloding GBAtemp Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    United States
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
  7. ashesburn

ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2008
    London
    I've been using wireless mouse for a while and found it really fustrating when the batteries run out.

I know that I could just use the trackpad, but I just prefer using a mouse.

Stick to wired laser mouse.

Using this at the moment. Very satisfied with it. Logitech Laser v150.

[​IMG]

8. hittingray

hittingray Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I suggest a Logitech LX7 Mouse, they have superior battery life, even if you put only alkaline batteries, it lasts for 6 months even if you use it for several hours everyday. I highly recommend it and it has a fast response time. They're about $40 USD I think, But I got mine in a set for $80 AUS (It's supposed to be $129.95 USD though.) I haven't tried lithium yet but I bet they'll last at least 2 Years. It has a battery monitor on the front, and a power switch on the back to save battery. Also has side-scrolling =). [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice