PS1/2 Recommend me some games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Futuristic speedy racer with 'cars' that float over the track like f-zero, but with weapons. It's pretty, and it's fast, but you either love it or don't give a damn and I fall into the 'who cares' group as I know it's a good game but it gives me no pleasure playing it and I've played a few of them.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Futuristic speedy racer with 'cars' that float over the track like f-zero, but with weapons. It's pretty, and it's fast, but you either love it or don't give a damn and I fall into the 'who cares' group as I know it's a good game but it gives me no pleasure playing it and I've played a few of them.

You sir have not played enough then. You also have not noticed the fact that its one of the few PS3 games that actually put out in 1080p quality and looks great. Possibly also you do not have a friend to play this with, or maybe some online companions? Have you never seen the detail that goes into the game, the sheer beauty of it all? The fact that you can race around tracks at 100mph one second and instantly be moving 1000+ the next? I believe you need to play some more WipEout HD Fury if you have not.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CrashmanX said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

You sir have not played enough then. You also have not noticed the fact that its one of the few PS3 games that actually put out in 1080p quality and looks great. Possibly also you do not have a friend to play this with, or maybe some online companions? Have you never seen the detail that goes into the game, the sheer beauty of it all? The fact that you can race around tracks at 100mph one second and instantly be moving 1000+ the next? I believe you need to play some more WipEout HD Fury if you have not.
It sounds fun. I think I'll try it.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gran theft auto 4
grand turismo 5
Marvel vs capcom 2 (PSN)
rachet and clank.
fat princess (PSN)
Braid (PSN)
inFamous
and if you liked little big planet, you might also like the second one thats gona come out soon.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

He said it was 'pretty', what more do you want from him?! Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone will, accept it and move on. Also graphics =/= fun...

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well for an RPG you've got Demon's Souls which is exclusive but it is really hardcore
racers you've got Gran Turismo 5 coming out soon, i have Burnout Paradise which is fun
shooters personally im waiting for Medal of Honor or Call of Duty: Black Ops, surprised you don't have Modern Warfare 2

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill some fanboys have their heads lodged so far up their ass they selectively read what they want and that there is the perfect example since I said I was not into it, but it was damn pretty. To which he responds in starting by pointing out it's just that, pretty 1080p pretty. Also F-Zero GX is SD perhaps but equally pretty in its low rez niceness and also goes from 100 to 1000mph+ in a second too, so what's the point? It's fast and it's pretty, guess I should have added fast to pretty on wipeout...oh wait I did.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lubbo said:
well for an RPG you've got Demon's Souls which is exclusive but it is really hardcore
racers you've got Gran Turismo 5 coming out soon, i have Burnout Paradise which is fun
shooters personally im waiting for Medal of Honor or Call of Duty: Black Ops, surprised you don't have Modern Warfare 2
I have it for Xbox. Same with Burnout Paradise.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
He said it was 'pretty', what more do you want from him?! Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone will, accept it and move on. Also graphics =/= fun...

No, they do not = fun, but they most defiantly influence it. If you could play Halo 3 in the same quality as Halo 1 or you could play it in HD, which would you choose? I'm pretty sure 90% of the people would choose HD, those of course who do would say its slightly more fun thanks to the improved Graphics.

Once again though, you are right, they don't not guarantee fun, but they do show that a company took a lot of time making their game.

Oh and did I mention you can play any music on your PS3 in WipEout HD? During races you can listen to any of your music, or make specific playlists for it, tis quite nice.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
No, they do not = fun, but they most defiantly influence it. If you could play Halo 3 in the same quality as Halo 1 or you could play it in HD, which would you choose? I'm pretty sure 90% of the people would choose HD, those of course who do would say its slightly more fun thanks to the improved Graphics.
No it doesn't, it doesn't influence fun at all, you can have the best graphics in the world and if you have terrible gameplay then I can tell you now, it will not make it the slightest fun at all. Once again you are wrong. Trying to argue otherwise is only showing how naive you are. People would choose Halo 3 in HD because it looks nice but they will NOT say "oh yeah the graphics made the game fun."

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Then I'm guessing the original Mario isn't fun at all?

Look, HD is nice, but I hardly notice it when I'm playing a game.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HD just allows for more stuff as a higher rez to happen on screen, that's it. If anyone is so shallow as to believe that a prettier more detailed image makes a game better, or worse yet, good at all -- you just need to put the controller down, sell your shit, buy a blu-ray player and an even more massive tv and sound system and go live in your eye candy land where your best instinct for 'quality' will be served best.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
No it doesn't, it doesn't influence fun at all, you can have the best graphics in the world and if you have terrible gameplay then I can tell you now, it will not make it the slightest fun at all. Once again you are wrong. Trying to argue otherwise is only showing how naive you are. People would choose Halo 3 in HD because it looks nice but they will NOT say "oh yeah the graphics made the game fun."

Actually, yes. People would choose the HD version and quite a few people would say this, how do know this? Because I've been shown this in real life. People had an option, they could play Halo 1 or Halo 3 (Not knowing the difference and having never played any Halo game either) most of them went for 3 over 1. One of the big influencing issues, graphics. People tend to go towards something that looks nicer.

Okami Wolfen said:
Then I'm guessing the original Mario isn't fun at all?

Look, HD is nice, but I hardly notice it when I'm playing a game.

I never said that, I said they influence fun. Please people, learn to read properly.

QUOTE(Vampire Hunter D @ Aug 14 2010, 12:21 AM)
HD just allows for more stuff as a higher rez to happen on screen, that's it. If anyone is so shallow as to believe that a prettier more detailed image makes a game better, or worse yet, good at all -- you just need to put the controller down, sell your shit, buy a blu-ray player and an even more massive tv and sound system and go live in your eye candy land where your best instinct for 'quality' will be served best.

Yes, well thats how the world works. People dont all play video games like Hard core gamers. There are these things called "casuals" and "average" gamers who dont go "OMG Halo 1 was fucking epic and still is!" rather they go "Eh, Halo 1 is dated looking and not that much fun. I like Halo 3 more". Once again though, these are examples.

You guys need to realize that not everybody is the same, not everyone choose Gameplay over graphics. There are quite a few who see pretty shiny and think that makes it good, though that is not the case always.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I ever say that someone would choose HD or not over fun, fun can be made of a lot of things. You're trying to red herring up an argument and change the tone to suit your needs. Hell I got the GOW Collection on PS3, and that's HD, but it had nothing to do with it. What did it for me was the fact my PS3 doesn't do PS2 and price. If I had PS2 capability and the games cost me less new/used on there I'd have gone that way as I'm not shallow enough to need HD to make a game fun as that was my point.

I realize all well some people are shallow and need to have the graphics be the driving part of a game, and others they want the game play, the audio, the total package whatever it is. The sad thing is in much of the games the graphics are just an enabler to see what's going on, but don't drive the title forward as it's a piece of the puzzle. You seem to think that a game can't be driven forward unless the visuals are hollywood gorgeous to suck you in, and no I will never understand that train of thought as it's just so narrow minded and sad avoiding the bigger picture. People like that will miss out on the few gems the Wii honestly does have, or the DS, or whatever wasn't the prettiest system of past generations. Perhaps to them since all they care mostly about is eye candy, but to a more rational person they'll just get a chuckle or feel a bit of pity and feel bad they can't have fun looking at the larger picture too. It's really all you can do when some people just fall into the dumb blond entranced by the shiny nickel syndrome when you think about it because they're so fixated everything else just isn't even a thought or isn't much of one at all.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CrashmanX the main problem everyone has with your ridiculous argument (read as: you grasping for straws here) is that you continually claim that graphics will make a game fun, which is not the case. Please explain how visuals influence fun, or let me guess you're going to claim that tetris or pac man can never be fun... I sure hope you're trolling here and aren't actually serious, otherwise I'd just feel sorry for you.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh, People. Stop fighting over graphics. The point of this thread was for me to get some good games to buy. Not fight over freaking graphics.

You know what, I'm gonna lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.