GCN Recommend me Gamecube games

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys... pirate here. Using a 32GB SD card to load ISOS aside from my original collection.
I have 3 spare GB of space in my SD. And I'm looking for games to fill my SD card with.

I own the following original copies:

• [*]Smash Bros Melee
    [*]Super Mario Sunshine
    [*]Mario Kart Double Dash
    [*]Super Mario Strikers
    [*]Star Fox Adventures
    [*]Star Fox Assault
    [*]The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
    [*]The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition
    [*]Super Monkey Ball 2 (unfortunately this game corrupts my Memory card every single time)
    [*]Wario World
    [*]Sonic Battle Adventure 2
    [*]Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (was for my sister but she has never played it)
    [*]Animal Crossing
And on my SD I have these:

• CAPCOM vs SNK 2
  • Eternal Darkness
  • F Zero GX
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Party 5
  • Mario Party 7
  • Medal of Honor European Assault
  • Megaman Anniversary Collection
  • Megaman X Collection
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • Need for Speed Underground 2
  • Soulcalibur II
  • SSX3
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Super Monkey Ball 2
  • The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Now... I would love to get a game that's more like Perfect Dark 64 or GoldenEye 64.
Or... a nice Action Adventure game like Zelda or Sunshine.
I haven't been able to get a clean iso of Resident Evil 4... so I'm out of luck and I can't find complete Wii isos so... :cry:
Any recommendations?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Guys... pirate here. Using a 32GB SD card to load ISOS aside from my original collection.
I have 3 spare GB of space in my SD. And I'm looking for games to fill my SD card with.

• [*]Smash Bros Melee
    [*]Super Mario Sunshine
    [*]Super Mario Strikers
    [*]Star Fox Adventures
    [*]Star Fox Assault
    [*]Super Monkey Ball 2 (unfortunately this game corrupts my Memory card every single time)
    [*]Wario World
    [*]Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (was for my sister but she has never played it)
    [*]Animal Crossing

• CAPCOM vs SNK 2
  • Eternal Darkness
  • F Zero GX
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Party 5
  • Mario Party 7
  • Megaman X Collection
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Soulcalibur II
  • SSX3
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Super Monkey Ball 2
Now... I would love to get a game that's more like Perfect Dark 64 or GoldenEye 64.
I haven't been able to get a clean iso of Resident Evil 4... so I'm out of luck and I can't find complete Wii isos so... :cry:
Any recommendations?

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2 :yay:
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code Veronica X

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Baten Kaitos Origins
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Tales of Symphonia
Lord of the Rings - Third Age
Lord of the Rings - Two Towers
Donkey Konga (if you have Bongos but you can play it also with the GameCube Controller,just for Fun)
Doshin the Giant
Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance

:)

Reactions: JuanMena

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second Tales of Symphonia. It blew my teenage mind - remember it being really, really good. Not sure I would feel the same if I went back to it today, though.

You can then follow with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World on the Wii. Also a really good game. I even remember my dad commenting that he felt the game was pretty good (had watched me play through it at the time). And he was as anti-weeb as you could possibly get.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of these are available on other platforms which may offer a superior experience:

Alien Hominid
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
Pikmin 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Killer 7

And there's Skies of Arcadia Legends and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but those would be RPGs.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thought of some more. None of these are particularly great, probably, but if you're desperate to fill space:

Cubivore
Kirby's Air Ride
Odama

And some Japanese exclusives:

DreamMix TV World Fighters
Battle Stadium DON
Nintendo Puzzle Collection
Kururin Squash
Mr. Driller: Drill Land

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is there some region where it's actually called that? I know in japan its mario story and early demos call it that but not much else.

You are right I think.:)

Paper Mario: Die Legende vom Äonentor

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

But if you search most Sites name it with that Title.:blink::wacko:

When it was "announced" 2003 is was called Paper Mario 2 in Europe/North America.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

• [*]Smash Bros Melee
    [*]Super Mario Sunshine
    [*]Super Mario Strikers
    [*]Star Fox Adventures
    [*]Star Fox Assault
    [*]Wario World
    [*]Animal Crossing

• CAPCOM vs SNK 2
  • Eternal Darkness
  • F Zero GX
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Party 5
  • Mario Party 7
  • Megaman X Collection
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Soulcalibur II
  • SSX3
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Super Monkey Ball 2
Any recommendations?
Mario Party 6 - Noticed you had 5 and 7 but not this one. 6 is pretty good too IMO, maybe better than 7. 4 is skippable though.
Sonic Heroes - One of the better 3D Sonic games depending on who you ask. I certainly enjoyed it as a kid.
Zelda Four Swords Adventures - Probably best played with one or more friends with GBAs and link cables, but I still enjoyed it solo. I really like the "HD" art style where they mixed parts of Minish Cap and ALTTP graphics, and applied a filter on top of them to make it look artsy.
Paper Mario TTYD - This one is a must, as someone else mentioned. Can't believe that's not on your list already.
Pokemon Colosseum - I enjoyed XD more than the original, but still worth playing if you like XD. Might be best to start with Colosseum though as you might be annoyed by the features in XD that are missing from Colosseum if you play them in the reverse order.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark-like games check out TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect.

I definitely recommend you add a few of the classics to your list that others have mentioned:
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pikmin
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Also one game nobody else will probably mention: Kururin Squash. It was only released in Japan, but it's easy to play without any knowledge of Japanese. It's a fun, comfy, puzzle game with great music and visuals. It's the 3rd game in the series, and definitely the best. Just be aware, Japanese and English saves can't exist on the same memory card so the game will ask you to format your memory card. You'll have to either use a different memory card, or edit the ISO with a hex editor and change the J in the game's title ID to E for NTSC-U or P for PAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu