Hacking Recommend cfw to use today?

benson733

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What CFW should I run now that I have put my switch down for a few months and it has outdated SXOS and probably ofw 6. I would like to upgrade to 9.0 and play the new Zelda release. What setup is the most stable. Should I stick with sx or go to atmosphere?

Update:

Used ChoidujoirNX to update to 8.1.0 system nand and kept the latest beta of SXOS for now. Everything seems to be working just fine. I'll customize and setup my system a little more when I get time. Just wanted to be able to run Zelda on my breaks. Thanks for the input all ✌️

Last edited by benson733,

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What CFW should I run now that I have put my switch down for a few months and it has outdated SXOS and probably ofw 6. I would like to upgrade to 9.0 and play the new Zelda release. What setup is the most stable. Should I stick with sx or go to atmosphere?
use sx os i havn't gone back. the free options are great but sx os is where its at.

Reactions: dekuleon

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use atmosphere with signature patches. It also has emunand support and can do nearly everything sxos can but for free. They have one singular feature of being able to load from an external drive
worse case use both

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere specifically the kosmos bundle. I used sxos as my main cfw since it released but after atmosphere added everything except xci loader I switched. The main benefits of atmosphere are
crash to atmosphere, better homebrew support, amiibo emulation, and much faster updates. That being said sxos has two advantages which are xci loading (I dont care about this feature because nsp is better in my opinion) and usb support (for nsp installs it makes more sense in my opinion to use a pc to switch install, it can be useful if you want to hoard a bunch of XCI games and only play in docked mode). So as you can see it depends on what features you want but I think overall atmosphere has better features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a