Hacking Recent firmware is seriously messed up

Tir

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With e30c firmware on my M3 Lite a lot of games would just give white screens with x4 DMA when loading like FF3, Megaman ZX, Rocket Slime and Resident Evil. I had to use safemode for them to work. Homebrew worked though.

Then I updated to e31, but like most people the update info in the setup menu was still saying e30c for some reason. Still had to use safemode, and in addition, this update BREAKS HOMEBREW for me, any homebrew on the card will freeze the menu when I scroll near it (they never even show up on the menu, it freezes just before scrolling to them), I think it has something to do with it looking for game icons for them. I can't put any homebrew on the card because of this.

Then I DOWNGRADED to e29, and homebrew now works, plus I can use x4 DMA on games again! So long safemode. I don't know what they've done with the two latest firmware versions or why it's fine for some people but they break things badly for me, I want to use them for game icon support etc but it's just not usable. I know other people have had the white screens issue at least.

I emailed M3 with [email protected] but is there anywhere I else I can send things? They never bothered to reply last time I emailed this address.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...