Rebuilding Pokemon Rom

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by athrun5, Jun 6, 2015.

1. athrun5
    OP

athrun5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    I was rebuilding my pokemon sapphire rom with the old method that asia had but I had some errors. So I looked at asia's guide and the other pokemontrash guide. The pokemontrash guide didn't make much sense but I had all the files I needed since I had done this atleast 3 times before this time. However Asia's guide was heavily updated since last I saw, when I saw this I looked it through and the only problem I am getting is with the 3ds builder which is giving me an error saying I don't have the right size for the exheader which no matter how many times I try remaking the file I keep getting the error. I don't know what to do now that both guides are crashing for me right at the end.

FYI I didn't do asia's guide from start to finish since I had my edited files and my decrypted files. So what do I do concerning this error. Here is a picture of the error I get from the makerom and here is the error I get from 3ds builder.

Attached Files:

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    @Asia81 Think you can help him?

3. Flintiex

Flintiex GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2012
    Use the latest version of Asia's guide It's because the exheader becomes corrupted when extracted with 3dsfileexplorer so use rxtools to decrypt the rom. Or use this guide to extract and decrypt:

4. athrun5
    OP

athrun5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    Well I believe it worked after I used what the video had, so I haven't tested it but I have faith. So thanks for your help Flintiex.

5. athrun5
    OP

athrun5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    After testing it I now know its not working. After using the edited exe and romfs with the extracted exheader it returns a rom and when loaded it gets a fragmentation error.

6. Flintiex

Flintiex GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2012
    Can't you use rxtools to decrypt the rom ready for extraction?

7. athrun5
    OP

athrun5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    First thing I tried but it kept telling me that it couldn't load and I tried multiple times.

8. athrun5
    OP

athrun5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    Ok all is good, I decrypted the exheader myself but extracted it with the program given. Thanks for your help.