Hacking Question Reboot to hekate from Switchroot

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg wow so surprising turn of events

it took a REALLY long time but correction twrp does load! so its gotta be like half working?

im going to try payload again and just wait
Regular reboot doesn't work for me. Reboot to bootloader does, and twrp takes a while to load.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't been able to get this going either. So far I:
  1. Enabled advanced boot options to see the Recovery & Bootloader options when I hit restart on Android
  2. Tried different versions of the hekate payload file that I renamed to payload.bin and placed it on the root of the SD card partition that is accessible in Windows
  3. Reflashed zips in this order: reboot2payload, fix-joycon, Magisk
  4. Rebooted with jig in and out
I tried both recovery and bootloader and its just stuck on a black screen so I have to power down and manually launch hekate.

Last edited by jservs7,

rococo271

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same problem, i'm stuck on black screen after reboot, but i've flashed in the order : r2p, joycon fix, and magisk... Reboot from Hos to payload is good, but reboot from Android to payload not work for me...

vMasked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same problem, i'm stuck on black screen after reboot, but i've flashed in the order : r2p, joycon fix, and magisk... Reboot from Hos to payload is good, but reboot from Android to payload not work for me...

What about the android app @notimp provided? Would that not work and reboot you back to Hekate?

Dimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It doesn't work. I've surely mounted both vendor and system in TWRP and flashed the zips in order : reboot2payload, joycon-fix, magisk and placed the hekate named payload.bin in the root of my SD card and when I select reboot bootloader in both holding power button and Quickboot application still they brought me to RCM

Last edited by Dimen,

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep follow all the instructions thoroughly here as well, black screen after rebooting on android.

Anyone know what we can do to fix this?

Edit: Figured it out. You have to download & open the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix.zip" file on your PC first before simply copying it to your sd card, go to the "Vendor" then "Firmware" folder within the zip and remove the "reboot_payload.bin" that's currently there. Copy your "payload.bin" that was in the root of your SD card to this Vendor>Firmware folder and rename it to "reboot_payload.bin". Now zip the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix" folder back up and copy it over to the root of your SD card. Go back into TWRP on your switch, make sure to mount vendor and system, then reflash the zip file.

Now when I restart to bootloader within Android, it will bring me to Hetake instead of a black screen.

I had to dig through many forum & reddit posts for this information. It wasn't laid out in detail anywhere on the guide/setup

Last edited by Cencil,

CymraegAce

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Figured it out. You have to download & open the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix.zip" file on your PC first before simply copying it to your sd card, go to the "Vendor" then "Firmware" folder within the zip and remove the "reboot_payload.bin" that's currently there. Copy your "payload.bin" that was in the root of your SD card to this Vendor>Firmware folder and rename it to "reboot_payload.bin". Now zip the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix" folder back up and copy it over to the root of your SD card. Go back into TWRP on your switch, make sure to mount vendor and system, then reflash the zip file.

Nice work, that undoubtedly saved me a few hours of going around in circles.. :lol:

Reactions: Cencil

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yep follow all the instructions thoroughly here as well, black screen after rebooting on android.

Anyone know what we can do to fix this?

Edit: Figured it out. You have to download & open the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix.zip" file on your PC first before simply copying it to your sd card, go to the "Vendor" then "Firmware" folder within the zip and remove the "reboot_payload.bin" that's currently there. Copy your "payload.bin" that was in the root of your SD card to this Vendor>Firmware folder and rename it to "reboot_payload.bin". Now zip the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix" folder back up and copy it over to the root of your SD card. Go back into TWRP on your switch, make sure to mount vendor and system, then reflash the zip file.

Now when I restart to bootloader within Android, it will bring me to Hetake instead of a black screen.

I find it very odd I had to dig through many forum & reddit posts for this information. It wasn't laid out in detail anywhere on the guide/setup, just left for people to figure out for themselves lol...
> Copy your "payload.bin" that was in the root of your SD card
EDIT: It's work!! thanks! :bow:
I forgot to Mount mount /system and /vendor on installation.
And I haven't enable the Advanced POWER/RESTART MENU before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download the latest hekate payload from:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/
Place it on the root of the first partition of your switchroot sdcard.
Rename the hekate payload to payload.bin.

Then go to: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ni...opment/rom-switchroot-lineageos-15-1-t3951389
Scroll down to download, download the reboot2payload update, flash the zip with twrp, and reboot.

After you are back in android, hold the power button till the reboot/shutdown menu appears, and select reboot bootloader. This will take you to hekate.
EDIT: oh... it need to enabled the Advanced POWER/RESTART MENU.

Last edited by jasonhk,
Reactions: Cencil

Groumpfouh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I've tried everything and nothing seems to work...

I downloaded Hekate 5.0.0 to launch the latest lineage, then copied it on my SD, renamed it as payload.bin, made copies in bootloader, downloaded switch2payload 5.1.1, tried replacing the payload inside with latest Hekate / 5.1.1 / 5.0.0 (ergo reflashing it several times) and nothing. It still reboots to a black screen when I choose "reboot->bootloader" in Android...

What would I be doing wrong please?

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I have an OLED Switch on Firmware 18.0 with the latest versions of Hekate & Atmosphere + Tesla Menu installed.

I recently installed Studios Pancakes to quickly switch between my firmwares (Hekate, EMUMMC, SYSMMC) so from atmosphere to Switchroot (Android 11). My question is how do I achieve the same menu in Switchroot (android 11) so i can easily switch to another firmware without having to use the power button to restart the console, boot into Hekate and choose my firmware from there?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey everyone, I have an OLED Switch on Firmware 18.0 with the latest versions of Hekate & Atmosphere + Tesla Menu installed.

I recently installed Studios Pancakes to quickly switch between my firmwares (Hekate, EMUMMC, SYSMMC) so from atmosphere to Switchroot (Android 11). My question is how do I achieve the same menu in Switchroot (android 11) so i can easily switch to another firmware without having to use the power button to restart the console, boot into Hekate and choose my firmware from there?
You can't. Its not supported in Mariko.

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't. Its not supported in Mariko.
To clarify there is no android app or tool i can install in Switchroot to accomplish this? So there is no other way to boot to other firmwares on Mariko except for holding the power button & restarting the console then booting into Hekate? I have to do this everytime?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To clarify there is no android app or tool i can install in Switchroot to accomplish this? So there is no other way to boot to other firmwares on Mariko except for holding the power button & restarting the console then booting into Hekate? I have to do this everytime?
Mariko cannot reboot to RCM since the RCM bug is fixed. You have to turn it off and turn it on again.

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mariko cannot reboot to RCM since the RCM bug is fixed. You have to turn it off and turn it on again.
Right I understand this but isn't there some type of android app i can install to restart the device quickly to avoid holding the power button to turn it off/on again? Like a quick 1 click android app button that auto restarts the device?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No idea, but the classic "switch reboot to rcm" abuse the exploit. I would think the normal android does it as well.

EDIT: Hmm apparently Hekate-Toolbox and fastcfwreboot can reboot to Hekate, didn't know they can do that now days. (Even on Mariko) so possibily an app for Android exist as well.

Last edited by linuxares,

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No idea, but the classic "switch reboot to rcm" abuse the exploit. I would think the normal android does it as well.

EDIT: Hmm apparently Hekate-Toolbox and fastcfwreboot can reboot to Hekate, didn't know they can do that now days. (Even on Mariko) so possibily an app for Android exist as well.
As mariko units use the modchip, the reboot from Android goes to Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*