1. reminon

reminon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Regular reboot doesn't work for me. Reboot to bootloader does, and twrp takes a while to load.

2. NAP765

NAP765 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone dealing with a black screen after you try to reboot to payload?

3. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine black screened when rebooting to payload. I have payload.bin at the root with all the zips I install. Any help?

4. jservs7

jservs7 Witcher of Whores

United States
    Haven't been able to get this going either. So far I:
    1. Enabled advanced boot options to see the Recovery & Bootloader options when I hit restart on Android
    2. Tried different versions of the hekate payload file that I renamed to payload.bin and placed it on the root of the SD card partition that is accessible in Windows
    3. Reflashed zips in this order: reboot2payload, fix-joycon, Magisk
    4. Rebooted with jig in and out
    I tried both recovery and bootloader and its just stuck on a black screen so I have to power down and manually launch hekate.

Last edited by jservs7, Mar 1, 2020
  5. rococo271

rococo271 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Same problem, i'm stuck on black screen after reboot, but i've flashed in the order : r2p, joycon fix, and magisk... Reboot from Hos to payload is good, but reboot from Android to payload not work for me...

6. vMasked

vMasked Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    What about the android app @notimp provided? Would that not work and reboot you back to Hekate?

7. Dimen

Dimen Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    It doesn't work. I've surely mounted both vendor and system in TWRP and flashed the zips in order : reboot2payload, joycon-fix, magisk and placed the hekate named payload.bin in the root of my SD card and when I select reboot bootloader in both holding power button and Quickboot application still they brought me to RCM

Last edited by Dimen, Mar 27, 2020 at 6:41 PM
  8. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yep follow all the instructions thoroughly here as well, black screen after rebooting on android.

Anyone know what we can do to fix this?

Edit: Figured it out. You have to download & open the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix.zip" file on your PC first before simply copying it to your sd card, go to the "Vendor" then "Firmware" folder within the zip and remove the "reboot_payload.bin" that's currently there. Copy your "payload.bin" that was in the root of your SD card to this Vendor>Firmware folder and rename it to "reboot_payload.bin". Now zip the "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix" folder back up and copy it over to the root of your SD card. Go back into TWRP on your switch, make sure to mount vendor and system, then reflash the zip file.

Now when I restart to bootloader within Android, it will bring me to Hetake instead of a black screen.

I find it very odd I had to dig through many forum & reddit posts for this information. It wasn't laid out in detail anywhere on the guide/setup, just left for people to figure out for themselves lol...

Last edited by Cencil, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:18 PM - Reason: Fixed
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switchroot, Reboot, hekate