Hacking reassign keys on GBA games?

sotu1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, does anyone know if it's possible to reassign the L & R keys to work on the X & Y keys instead? The reason I ask is beacuse I hate, no, DESPISE playing street fighter using shoulder buttons, it's an evil torture!

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nope, it is hardware limitation - and how much it is a hardware limit? Well there was a mod chip for PHAT DS that needed to be soldered so you got more buttons in GBA games (autofire/L and R/ something else/) and it was not cheap for that kind of mod (about 25$) and there is no lite version.

I THINK you do not want more buttons as if you have phat ds soldering it for mere two buttons - o no.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A better solution might be to play emulated versions of the classics rather than the GBA versions. Or y'know, if Capcom would get off their duff and release a Street Fighter for DS (without gimping it by including touch controls or something, pfft)

sotu1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carterman said:
A better solution might be to play emulated versions of the classics rather than the GBA versions. Or y'know, if Capcom would get off their duff and release a Street Fighter for DS (without gimping it by including touch controls or something, pfft)

emulated classics? like street fighter for snes and megadrive? yeh, tried them, a bit buggy and they are no way near as well balanced as newer street fighter games. tis ok, should hopefully have a PSP version of street fighter soon! woo!

still, shame the DS doesn't have a respectable SF...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1