reassign keys on GBA games?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by sotu1, Aug 21, 2008.

Aug 21, 2008

reassign keys on GBA games? by sotu1 at 6:14 PM (767 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. sotu1
    OP

Newcomer sotu1 Member

United States
    Hey guys, does anyone know if it's possible to reassign the L & R keys to work on the X & Y keys instead? The reason I ask is beacuse I hate, no, DESPISE playing street fighter using shoulder buttons, it's an evil torture!

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I don't think it would work. I think it has to do with GBA Bios and such. Maybe someone else could explain?

3. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    nope, it is hardware limitation - and how much it is a hardware limit? Well there was a mod chip for PHAT DS that needed to be soldered so you got more buttons in GBA games (autofire/L and R/ something else/) and it was not cheap for that kind of mod (about 25$) and there is no lite version.

I THINK you do not want more buttons as if you have phat ds soldering it for mere two buttons - o no.

4. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A better solution might be to play emulated versions of the classics rather than the GBA versions. Or y'know, if Capcom would get off their duff and release a Street Fighter for DS (without gimping it by including touch controls or something, pfft)

5. sotu1
    OP

Newcomer sotu1 Member

United States
    emulated classics? like street fighter for snes and megadrive? yeh, tried them, a bit buggy and they are no way near as well balanced as newer street fighter games. tis ok, should hopefully have a PSP version of street fighter soon! woo!

still, shame the DS doesn't have a respectable SF...