malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I got my Wii back from Nintendo.... EXPECTING there to be 3.4E installed.

There was 2.1E! lul.... shit looks weird by the way.

Anyway, I would like to install the twilight hack but am I able to do this on such a low version of firmware...? I just tried and it didnt work, i got a blank screen after it loaded the boot.dol. I thought i bricked.

SO do i upgrade to 3.4 then install the twilight hack OR is there a way I can install it on 2.1?

I really dont wanna upgrade to 3.4 cause its a bitch having to downgrade again and undo all the patches to get certain apps to work...

ANY help would be appreciated, thanks!

Rainy

Trophies
XP
Country
oh crappity crap. i read your post wrong. but im pretty sure there are some games to update from.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can get your hands on a Brawl game, that will upgrade you to 3.1 then you can install HBC. then upgrade the bios (firmware) to 3.2 using the "downgrader" (kindof backwards sounding, but it works).
EDIT: i believe mario kart will upgrade to 3.1 also

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried,

I got it to load but it said my IOS version is too low
frown.gif

EDIT,

Ahhh good idea, I do have mario kart...

So put in mario kart, let it update... install homebrew channel.... use waninkokos downgrader then BAM i should be on 3.2

lol ill give it a try brb

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The easiest way would be updating to 3.4.
The use the 3rd link in my sig to get homebrewed and trucha-ed and such...

That shouldn't take much more then 10 minutes total.

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:
if you can get your hands on a Brawl game, that will upgrade you to 3.1 then you can install HBC. then upgrade the bios (firmware) to 3.2 using the "downgrader" (kindof backwards sounding, but it works).
EDIT: i believe mario kart will upgrade to 3.1 also

OK it worked!

Thanks for that, I would never of thought about doing that.

So I am no on 3.1E and attempting to use any region changer and wanins downgrader to get up to 3.2

brb

EDIT..

OK ANYREGION CHANGER and the IOS downgrader doesn't seem to work on 3.1E...?

I have just tried Cios Downgrader 1.2 and it doesn't work... I boot it up and it just goes back to the wii system menu?

How can I upgrade to 3.2e? without having to uprage to 3.4? The wad manager works... is it possible to get the 3.2 update in a wad file?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You would have been done already if you went up to 3.4, then back to 3.2...
Oh well, it's not too late...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
malverns said:
OK, I got my Wii back from Nintendo.... EXPECTING there to be 3.4E installed.

There was 2.1E! lul.... shit looks weird by the way.

Anyway, I would like to install the twilight hack but am I able to do this on such a low version of firmware...? I just tried and it didnt work, i got a blank screen after it loaded the boot.dol. I thought i bricked.

SO do i upgrade to 3.4 then install the twilight hack OR is there a way I can install it on 2.1?

I really dont wanna upgrade to 3.4 cause its a bitch having to downgrade again and undo all the patches to get certain apps to work...

ANY help would be appreciated, thanks!

Why do people post 'really quick' questions when they really mean - im going to write 3 paragraphs to explain everything then ask a question that has been answered elsewhere, but to do this im going to make a whole new thread because its my question and i feel important

A really quick question = "Am i great?"

Anyway - download my guide and install as normal - if that doesnt work try the downgrade and just skip step 12 if you want to keep on the same version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free