Really Odd Tinfoil Issue

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I attempted to delete a game located on my microsd, via tinfoil. Somehow there was a massive glitch and my entire Microsd card had its games corrupted during the process. So now I have to redownload all the games.

My question is if this has ever happened to anyone else in terms of corruption of microsd during tinfoil deletion? And I was thinking of an alternative way to delete.

If I were to transfer the title to my system memory, via system settings, would the dlc and updates transfer too? Then I would assume that if the title being deleted was on the system memory and corruption occurred during deletion my microsd card wouldn’t be effected.

Or if I deleted a title via data management would the dlc and updates be deleted too? Or is there a more reliable deletion app?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Was your SD Card formatted as ExFat? Nintendo's software has a bug that can cause exfat SD Cards to become corrupt when using homebrew. Fat32 cards don't have that issue. You can also delete apps through Goldleaf. I'm not sure if Data Management deletes updates and DLC.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,
Reactions: Takokeshi

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I attempted to delete a game located on my microsd, via tinfoil. Somehow there was a massive glitch and my entire Microsd card had its games corrupted during the process. So now I have to redownload all the games.

My question is if this has ever happened to anyone else in terms of corruption of microsd during tinfoil deletion? And I was thinking of an alternative way to delete.

If I were to transfer the title to my system memory, via system settings, would the dlc and updates transfer too? Then I would assume that if the title being deleted was on the system memory and corruption occurred during deletion my microsd card wouldn’t be effected.

Or if I deleted a title via data management would the dlc and updates be deleted too? Or is there a more reliable deletion app?
As for your other questions, when you migrate a game, all of the data that goes along with it is also migrated so it wouldn't matter where it was installed.

Reactions: Prior22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.