Really Odd Tinfoil Issue

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I attempted to delete a game located on my microsd, via tinfoil. Somehow there was a massive glitch and my entire Microsd card had its games corrupted during the process. So now I have to redownload all the games.

My question is if this has ever happened to anyone else in terms of corruption of microsd during tinfoil deletion? And I was thinking of an alternative way to delete.

If I were to transfer the title to my system memory, via system settings, would the dlc and updates transfer too? Then I would assume that if the title being deleted was on the system memory and corruption occurred during deletion my microsd card wouldn’t be effected.

Or if I deleted a title via data management would the dlc and updates be deleted too? Or is there a more reliable deletion app?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Was your SD Card formatted as ExFat? Nintendo's software has a bug that can cause exfat SD Cards to become corrupt when using homebrew. Fat32 cards don't have that issue. You can also delete apps through Goldleaf. I'm not sure if Data Management deletes updates and DLC.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,
Reactions: Takokeshi

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I attempted to delete a game located on my microsd, via tinfoil. Somehow there was a massive glitch and my entire Microsd card had its games corrupted during the process. So now I have to redownload all the games.

My question is if this has ever happened to anyone else in terms of corruption of microsd during tinfoil deletion? And I was thinking of an alternative way to delete.

If I were to transfer the title to my system memory, via system settings, would the dlc and updates transfer too? Then I would assume that if the title being deleted was on the system memory and corruption occurred during deletion my microsd card wouldn’t be effected.

Or if I deleted a title via data management would the dlc and updates be deleted too? Or is there a more reliable deletion app?
As for your other questions, when you migrate a game, all of the data that goes along with it is also migrated so it wouldn't matter where it was installed.

Reactions: Prior22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?