Really good buy!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DragorianSword, Jun 21, 2012.

Jun 21, 2012

Really good buy! by DragorianSword at 6:29 PM (1,075 Views / 1 Likes) 8 replies

1. DragorianSword
    OP

Member DragorianSword GBAtemp's #1 Gunter

Belgium
    Woohoo!

Last week I won the biddings on a PSVita-set on a little Belgian ebay-like website.
    For 175 € (221 $) I got a PSVita with 16GB Memorycard, screen protector, body protector, case, earplugs (from the preorder package) and Uncharted!

Since they were almost unused (there really isn't a scratch on it) and normally you would pay 350 € for the set I really think I had a pretty sweet deal!

I picked it up yesterday at the sellers house, but sadly I don't have a lot of time to play with my exams and all...
    I did flick it on and played a quick run of Uncharted and I have to say I was amazingly surprized.

The screen is quite big and very pleasant to look at, I can imagine it will be fun to watch movies on it.
    The design of the handheld is quite good. I thought it would be harder to use the analog sticks, because I found using the analog stick of the PSP puts a strain on your wrist when you're playing for a long time, but their position is perfect.

I did have the reflex to use the L and R buttons to turn the camera but this is because I'm used to play games on my DS, 3DS and PSP.
    Also I think the graphics are really good, they easily beat PS2 game-graphics.

They should really come with some more good games though, but I'm sure they'll come in time.

1 person likes this.
  2. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    How heavy does it feel compared to previous generation psp's (If you had one)?

3. HiroshiYamauchi

Member HiroshiYamauchi GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Congrats man, really good deal. Enjoy your new little toy!

4. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    It's actually lighter than the PSP-1000, for whatever that's worth.

5. DragorianSword
    OP

Belgium
    Well it's heavier than my PSP-2000, but that's not surprizing since it's 1,25-1.30 times bigger and I'm under theimpression it's made of much more sturdy and durable materials.

I really have to get used to playing a shooter with an analog stick though :) .
    I'm used to playing them on my PC with mouse and keyboard and I don't have / ever had a console apart from my wii, in which you just have to aim at the screen.
    I'm really just shooting everywhere right now :lol:. But I guess that, with some practice, my movements will be more accurate.

EDIT: I looked it up and apparently the PSVita WiFi is about 260 grams, the 3g one is 279 grams. A PSP-1000 is 280 grams and a PSP-2000 is 189 grams.

6. giavol

Member giavol GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    i am thinking of trading mine for a jailbroken ps3

7. DragorianSword
    OP

Belgium
    Personally I wouldn't do that. I'm more of a handheld gamer, because for some reason I like watching TV while gaming (I always HAVE to multitask. I think I'm authistic on that point lol :P).
    I agree there aren't many good games yet, but they will certainly come!
    But like I said, I wouldn't do it because I'm more of a handheld gamer.

8. giavol

Member giavol GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Probably by the time it is going to be worth buying sony will lower the prices and i can get a new one.

9. 59672

Member 59672 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I got one recently too, for $230 got a vita (new from a store) + ~$110 of points for the store. I would have normally waited for another version (if any) or more games that I like on it, but for the price it couldn't be beat. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Enjoying it so far.