DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Woohoo!

Last week I won the biddings on a PSVita-set on a little Belgian ebay-like website.
For 175 € (221 $) I got a PSVita with 16GB Memorycard, screen protector, body protector, case, earplugs (from the preorder package) and Uncharted!

Since they were almost unused (there really isn't a scratch on it) and normally you would pay 350 € for the set I really think I had a pretty sweet deal!

I picked it up yesterday at the sellers house, but sadly I don't have a lot of time to play with my exams and all...
I did flick it on and played a quick run of Uncharted and I have to say I was amazingly surprized.

The screen is quite big and very pleasant to look at, I can imagine it will be fun to watch movies on it.
The design of the handheld is quite good. I thought it would be harder to use the analog sticks, because I found using the analog stick of the PSP puts a strain on your wrist when you're playing for a long time, but their position is perfect.

I did have the reflex to use the L and R buttons to turn the camera but this is because I'm used to play games on my DS, 3DS and PSP.
Also I think the graphics are really good, they easily beat PS2 game-graphics.

They should really come with some more good games though, but I'm sure they'll come in time.

Reactions: 1 person

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
How heavy does it feel compared to previous generation psp's (If you had one)?

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well it's heavier than my PSP-2000, but that's not surprizing since it's 1,25-1.30 times bigger and I'm under theimpression it's made of much more sturdy and durable materials.

I really have to get used to playing a shooter with an analog stick though :) .
I'm used to playing them on my PC with mouse and keyboard and I don't have / ever had a console apart from my wii, in which you just have to aim at the screen.
I'm really just shooting everywhere right now :lol:. But I guess that, with some practice, my movements will be more accurate.

EDIT: I looked it up and apparently the PSVita WiFi is about 260 grams, the 3g one is 279 grams. A PSP-1000 is 280 grams and a PSP-2000 is 189 grams.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i am thinking of trading mine for a jailbroken ps3

Personally I wouldn't do that. I'm more of a handheld gamer, because for some reason I like watching TV while gaming (I always HAVE to multitask. I think I'm authistic on that point lol :P).
I agree there aren't many good games yet, but they will certainly come!
But like I said, I wouldn't do it because I'm more of a handheld gamer.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
i am thinking of trading mine for a jailbroken ps3

Personally I wouldn't do that. I'm more of a handheld gamer, because for some reason I like watching TV while gaming (I always HAVE to multitask. I think I'm authistic on that point lol :P).
I agree there aren't many good games yet, but they will certainly come!
But like I said, I wouldn't do it because I'm more of a handheld gamer.
Probably by the time it is going to be worth buying sony will lower the prices and i can get a new one.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got one recently too, for $230 got a vita (new from a store) + ~$110 of points for the store. I would have normally waited for another version (if any) or more games that I like on it, but for the price it couldn't be beat. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Enjoying it so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water