Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. I just formatted my sysnand with no card in there so emunand and sysnand would be unlinked

But now I am wondering, all the stuff I had installed to sysnand...is that now wasting storage space somewhere on my microsd card that I should be deleting?
No, you formatted sysnand without the card in, so it has a new ID folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Your emunand is using the old ID folder, which contains all the stuff you had on sysnand pre-formatting, so nothing is wasted; it is simply being used by your emunand now

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you formatted sysnand without the card in, so it has a new ID folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Your emunand is using the old ID folder, which contains all the stuff you had on sysnand pre-formatting, so nothing is wasted; it is simply being used by your emunand now

Thanks. I thought the microSD card would have a 2nd (or I guess 3rd) folder with that long ID number still. Surprised it deletes it on its own. Thanks again!

You need to install them to sysnand too even if they are unlinked.

Wow. Very interesting. Thankfully I have a Gateway card so I can access sysNAND in Gateway mode but out of curiosity, how are reinand users installing to sysnand if they don't have a Gateway card? Thank you by the way.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks. I thought the microSD card would have a 2nd (or I guess 3rd) folder with that long ID number still. Surprised it deletes it on its own. Thanks again!

Wow. Very interesting. Thankfully I have a Gateway card so I can access sysNAND in Gateway mode but out of curiosity, how are reinand users installing to sysnand if they don't have a Gateway card? Thank you by the way.

Pasta cfw works.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pasta cfw works.

OK so it would probably make sense then I guess to just install my DSiWARE via Pasta but also play them via Pasta then, right? I mean, what would be the point of then installing them to emuNAND/reinand as it will only waste some space? Unless I am missing something obvious.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...?
Tried using the screenshot feature to grab an image of the top screen, wound up with this.

NmLFcYU.png

Old 3DS XL
4.2.0-9U sysNAND
9.9.0-26U emuNAND
Latest Old 3DS build of ReiNand
Launched via Ninjhax

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...?
Tried using the screenshot feature to grab an image of the top screen, wound up with this.

NmLFcYU.png

Old 3DS XL
4.2.0-9U sysNAND
9.9.0-26U emuNAND
Latest Old 3DS build of ReiNand
Launched via Ninjhax

Not that I think it will make a difference but try to boot through mset

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I think it will make a difference but try to boot through mset
I'll give it a shot and report back.

EDIT

Attempting to take a screenshot in-game mirrored the top screen on the bottom screen, really not sure what's up with that, and froze the system about two seconds after.
This is the resulting screenshot.
Ekjka8C.png

Last edited by _Chaz_,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to be clear, it doesn't delete anything on the sd card since you take it out, but it makes a new ID folder for your formatted sysnand, and keeps the old ID folder for the emunand to use (that's why you must format without the sd card in, so that you still have your stuff on emunand).

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to ask, I am too lazy to read through countless threads about that.

Now this supports 9.5 emunand on N3ds, and 9.9 emunand works on O3ds, Is there a way to do a system transfer, easily, and be sure it 100% works?

Reactions: NaviLoz101

NaviLoz101

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask, I am too lazy to read through countless threads about that.

Now this supports 9.5 emunand on N3ds, and 9.9 emunand works on O3ds, Is there a way to do a system transfer, easily, and be sure it 100% works?
Nothing afaik but I could be wrong
I know it's possible to transfer but it's the really long and complicated way aka the "manual way" there's a thread on it

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing afaik but I could be wrong
I know it's possible to transfer but it's the really long and complicated way aka the "manual way" there's a thread on it
So the spoofers made for pasta aren't going to work?

NaviLoz101

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol