Hacking [Realease] ReiNand Cfw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
unlinked Emunand works perfect. Since I have no Gateway .cias installed, nothing hangs, stops, it just works. Firmlaunch works great too. sysNAND 9.0 EU.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mset is the exploit found in the ds profile section of your system settings. If you have an old 3ds it would be possible to use the cfw without the need of cubic ninja or gateway but if you have a new 3ds one of those carts woud be needed for now.

Since i got an old 3DS with a GW card and a copy of OoT, i'am able to install the DS-profile-exploit to a new 3DS. So i got all what it needs to install Reinand CFW as soon as it supports mset i guess :unsure:

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to be able to install mset cia on n3ds with gateway which requires cubic ninja.. oot3dhax only allows gateway to boot and the downgrade option in gateway menu doesnt work on n3ds

jaigob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All, noob question please, I have a N3DS 9.0 with Cube Ninja. I am very new to all of this and I was going to purchase a gateway. But I hear that CFW would work better. I have a few question and I appreciate your patience:
1. Can I play all games .cias? (I know you cannot play .3ds without Gateway)
2. Will I be able to use cheat codes?
3. Can I install multiple .cias on a microSD?
4. Will I have to use the Ninjahax every time I want to play?

Thank you

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hello All, noob question please, I have a N3DS 9.0 with Cube Ninja. I am very new to all of this and I was going to purchase a gateway. But I hear that CFW would work better. I have a few question and I appreciate your patience:
1. Can I play all games .cias? (I know you cannot play .3ds without Gateway)
2. Will I be able to use cheat codes?
3. Can I install multiple .cias on a microSD?
4. Will I have to use the Ninjahax every time I want to play?

Thank you
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035

yes, no - there are other tools but require more effort than typing a code, yes, no

Reactions: V0LT!GE

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be able to install mset cia on n3ds with gateway which requires cubic ninja.. oot3dhax only allows gateway to boot and the downgrade option in gateway menu doesnt work on n3ds
even if that were the case, you can still use FBI.3ds with Gateway to downgrade mset, so you can absolutely get it done with OOT.

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could someone point me in the direction of how to set this up? Can't get it working, and now my n3DS won't recognise the CIAs I had installed before I tried the "Format EmuNAND"-option in the Gateway menu which I thought was a correct step. And yes, I did backup all data on my SD card and copied it back exactly as it was.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can't get it working, and now my n3DS won't recognise the CIAs I had installed before I tried the "Format EmuNAND"-option in the Gateway menu
Because when you format your system, you're setting up a brand new system. You need to install everything again to this new system.

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey @Reisyukaku, will you add NTR_Plugins to your CFW in the future?
I want to use LayeredFS just with your CFW (without need to start NTR_CFW).
Would be fu**in awesome x3

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

No. I once installed mset on a New 3DS via Oot-exploit and the VRAM Install option in the GW menu. Than you install a cia file with BigBlueMenu.3ds from the GW card and you're done. It's correct, that the Downgrade Option from the GW menu is not working, but you can do it just the way i explained. No need for CN.

even if that were the case, you can still use FBI.3ds with Gateway to downgrade mset, so you can absolutely get it done with OOT.

Agree ^_^

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Because when you format your system, you're setting up a brand new system. You need to install everything again to this new system.
Really? I thought Format EmuNAND only formated the SD card for then to make a new partition on the SD card with a copy of your NAND on. :/ Oh well, still doesn't change the fact that I still can't boot up the EmuNAND. Isn't it suppose to say "Rei" infront of the fw number? My n3DS only shows "Ver." infront, implicating that it failed. The only thing I really did after format emunand was to extract all the contents of the "ReiNAND 1.2" directly to the root of my SD card.

Btw my fw is 9.0.0-20E if it makes any difference, didn't seem that way in the thread tho.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As of the Beta, both sysNAND and emuNAND shows Ver with no way to distinguish them from each other. You will know you have succeeded if some games(clean legit per example), requires you to unwrap them every time you boot into emuNAND. Or if you setup a NNID on emunand first, then return to sysnand and still haven't setup a NNID.

Themes can be used to distinguish them, but that requires you to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND.

Rhymekaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the status on regionfree? does Fates/out of console region (ie, JP DLC on a US emunand) work on this CFW or would I need to flash a secureinfo_a and jpn firmware .cias to my emunand? online works with firmlaunch from what I read so these two (and if ninjhax 2.0 can enable this) are the only things keeping me from picking up an N3DS.

Reactions: andrew weeks

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
what's the status on regionfree? does Fates/out of console region (ie, JP DLC on a US emunand) work on this CFW or would I need to flash a secureinfo_a and jpn firmware .cias to my emunand? online works with firmlaunch from what I read so these two (and if ninjhax 2.0 can enable this) are the only things keeping me from picking up an N3DS.
Right now you will be lucky if you pick up a n3ds with a firmware that allows CWF. Most people say that Ninjhax 2.0 won´t enable any CIA related homebrew/cfw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion