"Real" Wii NAND.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Anyone knows HOW do you get a "real" Wii NAND to connect to WarioWare DIY showcase WFC and download games? The generated NANDs no longer work, so can someone send me a NAND or information on how to get one?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You already have a real nand, it came with the console from the factory ;)

Now if you like, you can dump the nand using bootmii, then extract the contents of the resultant nand.bin using showmiiwads or nand extract so it can be used as an emulated nand

Edit: u should also be able to dump your real nand directly to emunand format using usbloader gx's features, Wiiflow may also have such a feature and possible other tools

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You already have a real nand, it came with the console from the factory ;)

Now if you like, you can dump the nand using bootmii, then extract the contents of the resultant nand.bin using showmiiwads or nand extract so it can be used as an emulated nand
I do not have a real Wii. We only know one family that has one and they sure won't let me dump the NAND from it.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Well, Wii's are cheap nowadays... Anyway, sharing a nand backup or other warez is against this forum's rules.

Btw it's possible to make a nand backup without making any mods to a wii. Exploit to Casper to bootmii. For help setting this up, grab modmii for windows and run the Casper2Bootmii.bat file saved to its support folder.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well, Wii's are cheap nowadays... Anyway, sharing a nand backup or other warez is against this forum's rules.

Btw it's possible to make a nand backup without making any mods to a wii. Exploit to Casper to bootmii. For help setting this up, grab modmii for windows and run the Casper2Bootmii.bat file saved to its support folder.
Then tell me where can I get a WORKING NAND if these forums ban people for sharing the only way to get on wiimmfi servers. Or hint to it if you can't link directly.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In fact, I could trade a real DSi NAND for a real Wii NAND. I have one stored on my computer.
It is not hard to understand. We won't trade a "NAND". That is a chip on the console motherboard. What you want is a NAND image (or NAND backup), a full copy from said chip to a file.

We can't share or trade DSi, Wii or any other NAND images because there is software inside which is copyrighted by Nintendo (or other console manufacturers). Uploading this is a big no-no. If GBAtemp would allow this, the admins would get some angry letters from the Nintendo legal department within two days.

Then tell me where can I get a WORKING NAND if these forums ban people for sharing the only way to get on wiimmfi servers. Or hint to it if you can't link directly.
You get a working NAND image from a working Wii by using BootMii. You won't get illegal download links to NAND images here (I imagine they are not hard to find – never searched myself). Wii consoles are still pretty cheap – though the prices went up a bit due to the one-and-only world topic – before you could get a Wii literally cheaper than eating once at fastfood restaurant.
Having a real Wii is a good idea anyway. Versatile, easy to use emulation machine.

Good luck and have fun!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Evening.😊

You can maybe use Google or DuckDuckGo.
You will maybe find Search Hits like Mario and Cube or archive and org.
You will maybe find something you search for.Maybe😊

Good Luck and have a very,very nice Day.💕💖

Reactions: XFlak and jeannotte

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
For people telling me to search for it: No nand "images" show up. AND I DO NOT HAVE A REAL WII.

Edit: The only thing I found has 4 hits on virustotal for being an adware.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Alex literally told u what to search, which is more than many would have done (edit: trust me, if you follow his search directions you should find something, but you won't see actual files until after "logging in" or similar registration)

I also explained how to make a nand backup of your friends wii without modding it.

I'm not sure what more you expect to happen. Do you want someone to PM you with a link? I don't think your offer to trade DS nands will entice very many to take action like that :)

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Also, iirc, Wiimmfi servers does enforce "real nand" in order to have a way to identify each wii, and therefore re-using a nand on the internet which is already in use by 50 people for connecting dolphin to wiimmfi might not be a good idea (might not work at all).

TLDR : the nands you'll found on internet are probably already well known by wiimmfi. Might even be banned

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows HOW do you get a "real" Wii NAND to connect to WarioWare DIY showcase WFC and download games? The generated NANDs no longer work, so can someone send me a NAND or information on how to get one?
This thread points that just installing riiconnect24 would allow you to acess the store on this games: https://gbatemp.net/threads/patch-a-wad-using-the-riiconnect24-patcher.588582/

I think only wimmfi requires a real nand, so Riiconnect24 can be installed/used on dolphin without it (you'll not patch the mario wad to wiimmfi in this case.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This thread points that just installing riiconnect24 would allow you to acess the store on this games: https://gbatemp.net/threads/patch-a-wad-using-the-riiconnect24-patcher.588582/

I think only wimmfi requires a real nand, so Riiconnect24 can be installed/used on dolphin without it (you'll not patch the mario wad to wiimmfi in this case.
...Did you actually read that thread? It says that ONLY Wiimmfi can connect to WFC in DIY showcase.

Also, I have RC24 installed on Dolphin. No, WFC doesn't work with only it.

Staff post

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Ondrashek06 you can't ask people to share their Wii NAND on GBAtemp, it is against or TOS.
Trading a DSi NAND for a Wii NAND is also not allowed.

I'd further like to remind anyone that directly linking to NAND dumps or any warez will result in severe reprimands.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not hard to understand. We won't trade a "NAND". That is a chip on the console motherboard. What you want is a NAND image (or NAND backup), a full copy from said chip to a file.

We can't share or trade DSi, Wii or any other NAND images because there is software inside which is copyrighted by Nintendo (or other console manufacturers). Uploading this is a big no-no. If GBAtemp would allow this, the admins would get some angry letters from the Nintendo legal department within two days.

You get a working NAND image from a working Wii by using BootMii. You won't get illegal download links to NAND images here (I imagine they are not hard to find – never searched myself). Wii consoles are still pretty cheap – though the prices went up a bit due to the one-and-only world topic – before you could get a Wii literally cheaper than eating once at fastfood restaurant.
Having a real Wii is a good idea anyway. Versatile, easy to use emulation machine.

Good luck and have fun!
Exactly. Why wouldn't someone want a real wii console, it's a great system.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...Did you actually read that thread? It says that ONLY Wiimmfi can connect to WFC in DIY showcase.

Also, I have RC24 installed on Dolphin. No, WFC doesn't work with only it.
see you havent yet learnt how to be polite to people giving you the correct advice, if you don't like the answer you become rude and demand someone gives you what you want.

Reactions: KimKong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/o2TO5atI4rU?si=sOlJH6YDAUiakK0U +1