Real Time Save - how well does it work?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by CoconutCake, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008
  1. CoconutCake
    OP

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't have a Cyclo, and am wondering how well the real time save feature works on DS games?

Is it reliable, and are there some games that won't work with it?

Thanks.

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    From what I know, RTS doesn't work with Megaman ZX and the button combination to bring up the menu cause you to commit suicide in N+. Probably a few other games that won't work as well.

3. Pedobear

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    Same thing for me. ZX causes freeze, N+ causes your character to die, stop moving. Other games though, I suggest to save at a time when buttons don't matter because I have had it where ABXYLR causes some action to happen, and when I load it freezes because its in the middle of loading at that point.

4. nintennuendo

Newcomer nintennuendo Advanced Member

United States
    I remember when it was first debuted in beta, it was buggy, and .saving. the same sometimes caused the cyclo to freeze, and going BACK to the game, whether you just saved or just loaded the game, froze. that was a while ago though, and I use it.. not frequently, but when I'm busy and can't get to a standard save point. I used it when I tried to play TWEWY, but the game was not my taste. but it was useful in the first hour or so of text text text.

5. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can't change the button controls for the RTS on the Cyclo? I find that a bit irritating. I was going to buy one and then sell my M3Real to my friend for one, but I think I might keep my M3 now...

On topic: In my experience with the RTS on the M3, it would be better to save it in a start menu than during gameplay mainly so that you won't be moving or doing some random thing when you have to load up a save.

6. Frozen_Fish

Member Frozen_Fish GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Real time save works pretty well with most games, the only game that hasn't worked for me was Final Fantasy CC ROF but I think that's been fixed now. Also you can avoid the N+ suicide problem by pausing the game and entering the ingame menu, saving, and then holding start as you exit the menu.

7. Pedobear

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    hmm. Button controls? No, not right now. Apparently the new GUI allows full custom-ability, allowing you to build your own options and settings.

8. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    i wont use the new gui cos ill be using menudo [​IMG]