Hacking real gamecube backup loader discussion

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick dumb questions!
You burn the gamecubes like you burn wii games? I noticed the files are different. THis loader uses regular DVDrs with gamecubes burned on them?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iiiiiiiiiit's friday! you know who likes fridays
wink.gif

*continues burning GC backups*(can't wait, it's going to be awesome)

EDIT:@TheWon - yes dvd-r for the gc backups

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TheWon said:
Quick dumb questions!
You burn the gamecubes like you burn wii games? I noticed the files are different. THis loader uses regular DVDrs with gamecubes burned on them?

As BL4Z3D247 said, yes, on DVD-R. If you have GCM files, just rename the extension to ISO.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info everyone. I been sitting on this SD Gundam Gashspon Wars for 3 years now. Hoping one day I can play it. The game is out of print.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ppc_gba said:
well, since linkinworm has already posted vids of the gc backup launcher, I'll tell you that I made some small fixes to Wiigator's code and got multidiscs working. I got Smash Bros to play from a multidisc (gcos 4f).

About Pokemon and other problematic games: emu_kidid said that some games have more than one executable file the needs to be patched to used an altered dvd read command. However, even he hasn't gotten these games to work on sdboot, so if Wiigator can do it, he'll be the 1st! (ignoring psoload+modding).

There might also be some issues with pal games as well, but it's probably easily fixed.
Really? Could you PM what you did? I'm trying to get Metal Gear to work. Guess this wouldn't matter anyways, I can't get past the Konami screen
wacko.gif

As for a release, the first release won't have MGS support. I can't get it to work, and to give WiiGator the error code, I need a USB Gecko. Which I have to wait for (until next Saturday
frown.gif
).

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
goku1980 said:
well its friday leys see if its to day or sunday we get to play thanx to all involved

Actually as Wiigator lives in Germany (and I live right next to it) it's already Saturday because Europe is a few hours ahead of America

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Weird. I was kinda hyped about this until... now.

I noticed that I own every good Gamecube game made, so I have no use for this loader. Humm... Is there any super secret hint of a good Gamecube game? I still want to try this
smile.gif
I could go with Mario Sunshine, maybe...

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks a lot, I think I saw it was released tonight......in the topic about the animated channel about this launcher. Sorry if it was wrong.

Anyway another question (">_>) :
Should the GC backup be a .gcm or .iso ?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Taik said:
Ok thanks a lot, I think I saw it was released tonight......in the topic about the animated channel about this launcher. Sorry if it was wrong.

Anyway another question (">_>) :
Should the GC backup be a .gcm or .iso ?
if it's .gcm just rename it to .iso and burn it with imgburn

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, It was released? Can someone link me, cause i checked wiigators blog already...

Also do you guysknow if it supports out of region games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how these earbuds put on a light show like PAIR ME PAIR ME