Hacking real gamecube backup loader discussion

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
bob1342678 said:
drivedoctor isnt a good solution to the issue here, and the SD launche can be used it think, but its not the goal to getting backups running on wii like they were originals, since mios can be hacked it may be possible, but there so many obsticals, i know of some work that was done from waninkoko, but it was kinda difficult.

bob1342678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
bob1342678 said:
drivedoctor isnt a good solution to the issue here, and the SD launche can be used it think, but its not the goal to getting backups running on wii like they were originals, since mios can be hacked it may be possible, but there so many obsticals, i know of some work that was done from waninkoko, but it was kinda difficult.

i was just wondering because it said you can edit the data and ad your own stuffs so i was just wondering dang so much for that idea but hopefully the dude will come through

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haven't made my through the the entire post but isnt it possible to "create" self-booting GC back-ups like on the DC? or even a 2 disc method, first disc injects proper code for GC, then second disc is the actuall backup?

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KennyLeam said:
Not to go all OT, but I for one am glad that folks are working on the backup loader. As the parent of a young child, I can tell you I've already saved 1 game since the backup loader 0.3b was released from certain doom due to young fingers getting a hold of the game.

I hear that. I've bought StarFox Assault three times! And it's always a tough game to find. I have to practically network every GameStop in my area to see if someone has ONE copy, then I have to drive a number of miles to get there, and it's still just as much for a used copy as they were a couple years ago.

Back in 2006, I was forced to sell pretty much everything I had in order to get out of the situation I was in. I sold my GameCube, memory cards, controllers, and every game I had, which was somewhere around 20 games, and all I got for it was $70. To go around and replace all that would cost a fortune IF I could find those games and IF they were in decent condition. And I guess I don't care much for spending a fortune to begin with and getting screwed by resellers. I only have a Wii now, and I guess I'm looking for an opportunity to not have to buy the same games over again. I have one disc I can test. It's Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Let me know how things go.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorox said:
JUst read. People. ITS FINNALY POSIBLE!!!! YEAS! FALCAWN PAWNCH!!!
Snake? SNAKE!

Yay! MGS FTW
tongue.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I saw the Gamecube logo and a bit of text but I had no idea if it was a loading text or something.

Also, this is a guess, but it seems like the larger text under the logo starts with "Backup"

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope this becomes a reality i would love to play a burned copy of Tom and Jerry WOTW burned (that is if someone had a fugging copy on the net!!)

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
Arm the Homeless said:
That reminds me, is this 1:1 or is there a kind of patching involved?
no patching needed, just burn and play
You heard the man. Borrow GC Disks from your friends, use the DVD Dumper to a SD, burn it to a disk and give your friend back the game.

Assuming that's somewhat legal (at least more legal than downloading)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol