Hacking Reading Wii Discs on a PC

wellplanner1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been reading and researching to sofmod my wii and i have found a lot of info on the software of burning the iso and extracting the disc to pc and using the homebrew channel. I can't find anything or very little on how to get my pc to read the disc to start the process. Any help would be great. i am new at hacking game systems. i do know how to do alot of things for pc though.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
i dont understand what your need for access a Wii ISO on your system is?? also normal PC DVD Drives cant read Wii Discs's only certain LG drives.

if your talkin about extracting IOS's then you need a already dumped .iso and WiiScrubber or a tool along those lines capable of reading the Wii FS.

but to install HBC and GammA Loader, you dont need to access a Wii ISO.

20clarky08

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most common way of getting making isos from your games on the Wii is to use a homebrew program which has the Wii drive itself dump the disc over wifi, or in chunks onto an SD card.

Its too much effort to find the LG drives which have the raw debug read commands that can be used to read Wii discs.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Ajax said:
Its too much effort to find the LG drives which have the raw debug read commands that can be used to read Wii discs.

Not really, all that is needed is a quick google search to find you one. And they're relatively cheap. I would get one myself, if it weren't for the fact that I don't need one.

There are plenty of LG models that do the job, and they're not hard to get hold of at all.

wellplanner1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the final result is i want to play burned wii games in my wii. i have just started researching all of this over the past week and so i am trying to understand understand it all. once i can read the disc or see the files on the disc then i can understand what the next step is in the process. thank you for the info in advance. it is my understanding that you need to extract the disc one way or another to ur pc then create an iso and combined with homebrew on ur wii it will play the burned game or do i still need to get the wiikey/wiiclip?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
a hardmod (i.e. WiiClip) is gonna give you 99% compatibility with back-ups where as the softmod (i.e. backup loaders) are about 95% to be honest.

my best advice would to be get your Loader up and running with a downloaded .iso for now mate.
then worry about creating your own..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hence you haven't still learned this part, I really really really ( I said it 3 times) recomend to read a little longer at wiibrew.org a few random pages, try to get HBC on your Wii before start asking, just one step at a time, first get HBC then start playing with ARMLESS aplications, then the next step and so on and on...!!!
smile.gif

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20clarky08 said:
a hardmod (i.e. WiiClip) is gonna give you 99% compatibility with back-ups where as the softmod (i.e. backup loaders) are about 95% to be honest.

my best advice would to be get your Loader up and running with a downloaded .iso for now mate.

Softmods can now read about 99% of the discs! Only one or two games don't work.

wellplanner1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will get hbc up and running tonight hopefully. thanks for the help i know it is aggravating and frustrating working with noobs. I really do appreciate the help.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
forbore said:
20clarky08 said:

Softmods can now read about 99% of the discs! Only one or two games don't work.

at the moment this may be true, but there is also the read speed to take into account.

softmods can only read games at 3x where as a chip will read at 6x.

and you think the 002 errors is the end of the problems??

like BigN is gonna give in that easy lmao

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
hence you haven't still learned this part, I really really really ( I said it 3 times) recomend to read a little longer at wiibrew.org a few random pages, try to get HBC on your Wii before start asking, just one step at a time, first get HBC then start playing with ARMLESS aplications, then the next step and so on and on...!!!
smile.gif
he doesnt need to go to wiibrew.com
he as all that info here
but the lazyness of readind more than the first page is to big...

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
i agree with Ether..

the dude does need to goto WiiBrew, and he does need to read up

maybe if the hole world wasnt installing ready made packs with out even reading about what there about to undertake there wouldnt be so many bricked/semi-bricked Wii's and stupid Q's....

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
20clarky08 said:
i agree with Ether..

the dude does need to goto WiiBrew, and he does need to read up

maybe if the hole world wasnt installing ready made packs with out even reading about what there about to undertake there wouldnt be so many bricked/semi-bricked Wii's and stupid Q's....

you have a point, but myself, i never went there and i dont think i need too, i have all my answers here
but no one is the same right?

wellplanner1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am going to do the research cuz i don't wanna f&*k my wii. i was just asking a question to see if i was on the right track i feel like i have been doing research for days now. if you don't know what to look for then u really don't know where to start. i don't want someone to do my work for me i just want straight answers when i ask. i will read and research and plan it and do it one small step at a time. i just wanna make it right the first time. thanks for not being too hard on me..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning