Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
a188395699.png

Description:
Labyrinth 3D is my first 3D homebrew which uses RayCast3D Engine ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/w-i-p-lua-raycast3d-3d-game-engine-for-lpp-3ds.407381/ ). It can be considered as a showcas for how powerful and simple to use RayCast3D engine is.
Labyrinth 3D is, as the title says, a game where you have to find the exit from the labyrinth you're in. It supports different map sizes and you'll have some scrolls according to map size. These scrolls can be used to "mark" a wall of the labyrinth so you can see where you already went (after marking a wall, it will became golden).
Labyrinths are generated through Primm's Algorithm so you'll have infinite random mazes to solve. Any generated maze will provide a seed so you can share these labyrinths with others and play them through the voice "Start game with Seed".

Controls:
DPad / Circle Stick = Move Player/Camera
R / L = Strafe
A = Mark a block with a scroll
Y = Take a screenshot
START = Pause Game

SELECT = Enable/Disable stereoscopic 3D

Credits:
@Misledz for RayCast3D, Lua Player Plus and Labyrinth 3D logos
@ihaveamac for testing the game
ETTiNGRiNDER for the player sprite
aliashparow for the main menu BGM
soundjay.com for SFX sounds
oddcast.com for the synthetic voices used in gameboot

Screenshots:
menu.jpg
title.jpg
game.jpg
spell.jpg

Download:

Mirror: http://rinnegatamante.it

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Looking Awesome @Rinnegatamante

When i'm home i'm sure gonna install this!
Hope you keep up the good work, love your Homebrew/Ports stuff!

Who knows, one day we see a Heretic port from you ;) , or Rise of The Triad: the hunt or those other old Apogee games like Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II (just hinting ;) )

Last edited by DjoeN,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Looking Awesome @Rinnegatamante

When i'm home i'm sure gonna install this!
Hope you keep up the good work, love your Homebrew/Ports stuff!

Who knows, one day we see a Heretic port from you ;) , or Rise of The Triad: the hunt or those other old Apogee games like Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II (just hinting ;) )

Duke Nukem port is already available by @MasterFeizz . Anyway basically, i feel comfortable on porting these kind of games from their respective port for PSP (cause i have a lot of experience about pspsdk). I already searched on the net for RoTT port sourcecode but i didn't found anything :/ .
Heretic port for PSP is also quite big and difficult to port cause it uses Doom Legacy which is one of the biggest Doom sourceport available (It supports Doom, Hexen and Heretic).

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Duke Nukem port is already available by @MasterFeizz . Anyway basically, i feel comfortable on porting these kind of games from their respective port for PSP (cause i have a lot of experience about pspsdk). I already searched on the net for RoTT port sourcecode but i didn't found anything :/ .
Heretic port for PSP is also quite big and difficult to port cause it uses Doom Legacy which is one of the biggest Doom sourceport available (It supports Doom, Hexen and Heretic).

Was more hinting at Old DOS Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II ;) not Duke Nukem 3D

dukenukem1.gif

Reactions: Naked_Snake

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was more hinting at Old DOS Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II ;) not Duke Nukem 3D
Those games are not open source. And instead of doing a remake, I think it would be cooler to develop something new with the 3DS in mind. Wouldn't you agree? Get the community involved in map making and stuff. Anyways getting back on topic:
@Rinnegatamante Do you plan on extending this into a full dungeon crawler, with stats upgrade and shops before each maze. People would really enjoy that.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Those games are not open source. And instead of doing a remake, I think it would be cooler to develop something new with the 3DS in mind. Wouldn't you agree? Get the community involved in map making and stuff. Anyways getting back on topic:
@Rinnegatamante Do you plan on extending this into a full dungeon crawler, with stats upgrade and shops before each maze. People would really enjoy that.

I'm currently working on something completely different with RayCast3D. I won't tell anything more but it's a clone of a popular game (and probably someone already asked for a porting of it on 3DS).

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Those games are not open source. And instead of doing a remake, I think it would be cooler to develop something new with the 3DS in mind. Wouldn't you agree? Get the community involved in map making and stuff....

Pitty, but true would be great to have the community involved in such stuff.

I'm currently working on something completely different with RayCast3D. I won't tell anything more but it's a clone of a popular game (and probably someone already asked for a porting of it on 3DS).

\0/ and yeah keep it secret, i love suprizes :)

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for release it here not just in your Twitter account

And BTW it's really awesome homebrew , KEEP GOING

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
It would be cool if we could use this as some kind of Mario Maker. So all the n00bs, like me, could design some nice labyrinths! :)

But I guess that is a very difficult task to code...

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
It would be cool if we could use this as some kind of Mario Maker. So all the n00bs, like me, could design some nice labyrinths! :)

But I guess that is a very difficult task to code...

Not that hard to create a map maker with raycast3D, maybe someone will do it someday.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no CIA version cause 3DSX homebrews are now usable by anyone (even on a CFW).
True, but if not in cia form I usually won't even play more than once. I personally prefer not to have to launch the HBlauncher for everything. Whackamania is a great example. In 3dsx form, I played once, but now in cia I play it all the time now. It's just not convenient for switching to other games, when you have to reboot to HBlauncher every time.

Plus... with all the downgrading and everyone going CFW, cia is probably going to be the preferred game format over 3dsx.

Last edited by Ripper00420,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
True, but if not in cia form I usually won't even play more than once. I personally prefer not to have to launch the HBlauncher for everything. Whackamania is a great example. In 3dsx form, I played once, but now in cia I play it all the time now. It's just not convenient for switching to other games, when you have to reboot to HBlauncher every time.

Plus... with all the downgrading and everyone going CFW, cia is probably going to be the preferred game format over 3dsx.

Sorry but i'm not going to spend like 30-40 minutes in making a banner,an icon and a modified lpp-3ds build just to make a shortcut which saves the end user like 5 seconds (cause launching yellows8 hblauncher_loader takes just 5 seconds and it can be run directly from homemenu cause it's in CIA format)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.