Homebrew RD3DS (Remote Desktop 3DS)

Shinitai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So cool bro. On my dual screen setup it picks up main display. I was wondering if somehow I could make a "virtual" third display so we can use 3DS as a third PC screen.
Thanks. As for a "virtual" display for the PC... may be possible, but it would be a completely different project.

I see some people asking for a CIA... I'll see what I can do about it.

EDIT: OK, it's crappy but there is a .cia now.

Last edited by Shinitai,
D

Deleted User

My IP is 192.168.0.14. , Port 54346. I have set it to 192.168.000.014. I've tried the troubleshooting but i just can't get it to work

Reactions: Ricken

Shinitai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
My IP is 192.168.0.14. , Port 54346. I have set it to 192.168.000.014. I've tried the troubleshooting but i just can't get it to work
Are you sure the 3DS is on the same network?

If you have the Homebrew launcher, press Y on it. It'll show the IP of your 3DS. Try to ping it from your computer and see if it works.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what's the frame rate on this like? I'd try it myself, but I live in a college dorm, and the Wi-Fi doesn't seem to play well with me connecting my 3DS to my PC (at least through the built-in SD management. I haven't tried homebrew stuff yet.)

Basically, which of the following PC games would work well streamed to 3DS: Neptunia Re;Birth series, Fallout 3, or Arkham Knight? All of these are things that I think would be fun to play on my 3DS.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just tried this, and it works way better that 3ds remote desktop, but it needs to be able to bind to keys. If it can do that it's perfect.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work for me. It says Couldn't connect to server (120). I've verified the IP and did troubleshooting but this just won't connect for me.

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work for me. It says Couldn't connect to server (120). I've verified the IP and did troubleshooting but this just won't connect for me.
Is it on the same Lan network as your pc? Connections are tricky with multiple routers

Shinitai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You might have some kind of firewall or something. Make sure your PC and 3DS can actually communicate with each other.

just a crazy thought but could you use this as a base to port moonlight-embedded? :D
No. God no. That would be a completely different project I think.

GoodCookie88

rekt em skrubs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juicy! Nice

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok so what do i input in the port area?(nvm figured that out)
i get couldnt connect to server (120)
And when i installl the .cia it doesnt appear on my home menu.
srry for double post

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by GoodCookie88,

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
So cool bro. On my dual screen setup it picks up main display. I was wondering if somehow I could make a "virtual" third display so we can use 3DS as a third PC screen.
Thanks. As for a "virtual" display for the PC... may be possible, but it would be a completely different project.
It's possible, but I'm pretty sure you need to write custom drivers for it, so it's not a simple project. (At least, if you go install iDisplay, that's what it does. Even then it seems very limited on what it can do)
That said, there's a relatively simple workaround if you want to do some soldering (or just buy one, probably). This is assuming the homebrew lets you choose which screen to stream, which I guess it doesn't?

I would really like to see a virtual 3d screen (and 3d streaming to the 3ds), but I think that's an even trickier problem, if the bandwidth is even there.

Last edited by ~Poke~,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1