Hacking Question RCMloader driving me nuts

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Was at a friends house today caurse i had bought 10 boxex with all kind of electric devices from a closed warehouse
In the boxes i found a couple of RCMloaders, both in original white box like the one on this site https://www.xkit.xyz/news/
I took them with me home since he diden't had anything to use then for, i charged them, updated with latest FW from xkit and also latest fileset
both Hekate and SX OS is working as they shouls, haven't tried ReiNX and i can switch between then with the + botton

Where things goes wrong is when i transfer Lockpick_RCM of Fusee.bin (ofcaurse renamed to payload.bin) to one of the USER folders, it i then want to change the payload with + botton, its stuck on the green light, even if i try the switching with holding + for 3-4 sec, the red flash 3 or 4 times, buts when i push the + again Green is flashing a couple of times

If i thern connect it to my pc and open the drive and edit the LAUNCH.TXT to use the USER folder with the payload anf i then push + is shows the right color for the chosen USER folder, but it will then try lauching SX OS

So my question is what the devil are i'm doing wrong ?
Are there a way to check if its a fake or real RCMloader dongle ?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was at a friends house today caurse i had bought 10 boxex with all kind of electric devices from a closed warehouse
In the boxes i found a couple of RCMloaders, both in original white box like the one on this site https://www.xkit.xyz/news/
I took them with me home since he diden't had anything to use then for, i charged them, updated with latest FW from xkit and also latest fileset
both Hekate and SX OS is working as they shouls, haven't tried ReiNX and i can switch between then with the + botton

Where things goes wrong is when i transfer Lockpick_RCM of Fusee.bin (ofcaurse renamed to payload.bin) to one of the USER folders, it i then want to change the payload with + botton, its stuck on the green light, even if i try the switching with holding + for 3-4 sec, the red flash 3 or 4 times, buts when i push the + again Green is flashing a couple of times

If i thern connect it to my pc and open the drive and edit the LAUNCH.TXT to use the USER folder with the payload anf i then push + is shows the right color for the chosen USER folder, but it will then try lauching SX OS

There really isn't any "fake" maybe clones because it's such a simple design as the cpu is just an off the shelf parts

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Fake, clones, whatever, call them what you want, you know exactly what I mean
Your answer is just fill without any help

Reactions: Shadow#1

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Load hekate and run payloads from there. They go in payloads folder.

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The wierd part is if i replace the REINX payload on the card with some othewr payload its working, if i place it in one of the USER folders it doesn't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Load hekate and run payloads from there. They go in payloads folder.

And if i don't want to use hekate ?
Why use hekate when i can boot ams directely with fusee.bin

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wierd part is if i replace the REINX payload on the card with some othewr payload its working, if i place it in one of the USER folders it doesn't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if i don't want to use hekate ?
Why use hekate when i can boot ams directely with fusee.bin

Because if you use hekate your question / problem is solved.

Cant run lockpick straight from RCMloader then use Hekate to run any payload even Lockpick RCM.

Last edited by HollowGrams,

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You are confused - Read last message for answers.
I'm not confused, as i said if i wanted to run hekate i can do that with a modded boot.dat and my sx pro dongle

But i gonna say it so even you can understand it
i don't want to use hekate, period

besides that, it doesn't mattet what payload i put in the USER folder in the loader, none is working and the loader starts acting wierd, tried mailing [email protected] but mails get rejected, so guess ill just bin the things

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not confused, as i said if i wanted to run hekate i can do that with a modded boot.dat and my sx pro dongle

But i gonna say it so even you can understand it
i don't want to use hekate, period

besides that, it doesn't mattet what payload i put in the USER folder in the loader, none is working and the loader starts acting wierd, tried mailing [email protected] but mails get rejected, so guess ill just bin the things
Refusing to take advice when somebody suggests a solution that would actually fix your problem (in all likelihood) generally isn't a good way to get help. Just saying.

You updated to the latest RCMloader FW, there's really not much else you can do. You obviously can't return it so either deal with having to use Hekate or deal with not being able to boot those payloads. If there was another solution, somebody would have suggested it.

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh but there's really not much you can do in this case. I don't know why it doesn't work, but even if I did, the RCMloader isn't hacked or reverse engineered, you can only use what they give you and when that doesn't work....

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Refusing to take advice when somebody suggests a solution that would actually fix your problem (in all likelihood) generally isn't a good way to get help. Just saying.

You updated to the latest RCMloader FW, there's really not much else you can do. You obviously can't return it so either deal with having to use Hekate or deal with not being able to boot those payloads. If there was another solution, somebody would have suggested it.

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh but there's really not much you can do in this case. I don't know why it doesn't work, but even if I did, the RCMloader isn't hacked or reverse engineered, you can only use what they give you and when that doesn't work....

You are not harsh at all, but like i was trying to tell @Hologram , if i wanted to boot hekate i already was abel to do that

I'm just trying to figurer out what the rcm loader doesn't work as it should, so had hoped other had had some experince with the same error

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not harsh at all, but like i was trying to tell @Hologram , if i wanted to boot hekate i already was abel to do that

I'm just trying to figurer out what the rcm loader doesn't work as it should, so had hoped other had had some experince with the same error

Your initial post said you were trying to load lockpick RCM = I gave you a solution. So yeah you are confused. Took me 5 seconds to load lockpick RCM. Good Luck!

Last edited by HollowGrams,
Reactions: 6adget

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Certain payloads might just be incompatible in the same way certain payloads can't be launched from SX OS directly. I don't know why that would be though since all it's doing is sending a payload and the console does all the rest. Lockpick_RCM is the kind of homebrew you only really need to run once, as you can always find updated masterkeys if you look around online, so you might as well get it over with and you'll never need to touch Hekate again.
If that's the only thing you've found that won't boot directly, that doesn't seem like such a big deal since it's so seldomly used.

I have a RCMloader One, but it's out of battery and the Switch is probably out of battery too so I can't be arsed right now to check if I also have the same issue (to confirm if it's a compatibility issue that affects everyone or something wrong or misconfigured with your setup, but I can't imagine it's the latter, Lockpick_RCM is a pretty simple payload that doesn't need external files or any configuration, well other than sept I suppose, not much that could go wrong there)

If you aren't using ReiNX (and you probably never will other than out of curiosity to test it out, it doesn't really offer anything over Atmosphere so it's hardly needed), replacing the ReiNX payload is not such a bad idea. But you gotta ask yourself how often you are going to be booting it to need a dedicated slot on the RCMloader for it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Hello there :D did you solve that user folder issue :D? becouse now i have the same loader as you it seems xD

Basically only 3 profiles/folders on it work correctly and user folders/profiles cause whole thing to jam on the last used folder/profile/color :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]