• Likes 128

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New version v3.2 released!

Sleep mode at last for all users with 3.0.0/3.0.1/3.0.2!!

Check OP for more info about changes and features. For even more info, check repo's commit history!

Can confirm sleep mode works on 3.0.1. Thanks! I can finally bury SXOS

Reactions: Azel

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You do not start SX OS by Hekate, you start it with SX OS payload, and there are no problems with sleep mode in SX OS )))

That's the point, i dont want to use SXOS payload but since i have AutoRCM it was the only choice, now that the sleep bug is fixed i can use Hekate.
Note that i dont have a licence, i only use SXOS it for homebrews.

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version v3.2 released!

Sleep mode at last for all users with 3.0.0/3.0.1/3.0.2!!

Check OP for more info about changes and features. For even more info, check repo's commit history!

3.0.2 sleep mode working flawlessly, going to run some new NAND / User / etc backups and see how everything turns out!

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
3.0.2 sleep mode working flawlessly, going to run some new NAND / User / etc backups and see how everything turns out!
Fun fact:
If you remove the cable, you can see how much the whole system uses (after around 30s-1min though, because it's an average and takes some time).
So now, if you add this number to the positive one you had, you can see how much amps it gets from USB.

PC is normally ~500mA and wall adapter with less than 85% battery is around 1500mA.

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fun fact:
If you remove the cable, you can see how much the whole system uses (after around 30s-1min though, because it's an average and takes some time).
So now, if you add this number to the positive one you had, you can see how much amps it gets from USB.

PC is normally ~500mA and wall adapter with less than 85% battery is around 1500mA.

I have 2 usb c cables, a cheap one from china and a cable that came with my Honor 9.
Both tested on the same USB 2.0 port from my PC. If i use the cheap one it shows about -500mA, if i use the Honor one it shows +20mA

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have 2 usb c cables, a cheap one from china and a cable that came with my Honor 9.
Both tested on the same USB 2.0 port from my PC. If i use the cheap one it shows about -500mA, if i use the Honor one it shows +20mA
The cheap one has is completely crap. The resistance it has, is so wrong that it does not charge at all.
I wouldn't use that at all. Not even for other devices. The honor is OK. With PC you should see sth around 10-60mA (which translates to 500mA overall) or -0 when full.

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The cheap one has is completely crap. The resistance it has, is so wrong that it does not charge at all.
I wouldn't use that at all. Not even for other devices. The honor is OK. With PC you should see sth around 10-60mA (which translates to 500mA overall) or -0 when full.

This might sound dumb but since i use the cheap one only to send payloads (i charge my switch with the official charger) isnt it better that it doesnt charge so it can't mess with the switch?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This might sound dumb but since i use the cheap one only to send payloads (i charge my switch with the official charger) isnt it better that it doesnt charge so it can't mess with the switch?
Quite the opposite actually.
It's better to charge and use the good one (charging it in RCM does not do any harm or has any side-effect),
than using the cheap one, that your device identified as incompatible and fell to no-charge mode to protect itself.

Reactions: tiliarou

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quite the opposite actually.
It's better to charge and use the good one (charging it in RCM does not do any harm or has any side-effect),
than using the cheap one, that your device identified as incompatible and fell to no-charge mode to protect itself.

And what about a (not cheap) micro usb cable with an usb c adapter? it shows +20mA in Hekate

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And what about a (not cheap) micro usb cable with an usb c adapter? it shows +20mA in Hekate
That means it's OK (if connected to PC). I also use one when I can't find the official cable. I have countless good quality (and cheap) micro usb cables. Normally the good cables have a big diameter.

Reactions: Metion

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a timer on the boot, you can press [Vol -] and it will show the hekate menu. If you don't have a boot timer, you can open the hekate.ini file and edit the first few lines to say autoboot=0.

fotuwe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HI!

I am running SX OS with auto rcm and planning to backup my NAND (not banned, never used layeredFS/devmenu YET).
Is hekate the right thing to run for this purpose?

I would:
- make a switch folder on my SD card
-put the hekate 3.2 inside
- boot my switch into sx ox
- enter homebrew menu (hold the R button and then enter the Album application)
- and simply run hekate?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Or if you are using the SX Pro USB dongle, you can put the hekate .bin file on the SD card, load up SX, go to Options->Load External Payload and load hekate.

Reactions: gameboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz