CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@CTCaer I had this message. Sorry for my camera, I couldnt focus it. But believe me, it was unreadable.

You have 3 times the same image. Please remove 2 of them.

So the message you are showing is actually the following:
You can now join the files
and get the complete raw eMMC dump.

Time taken: %d seconds

Finished and verified!
Press any key.
That means that your backup is perfect!
And also that I'll check where I messed the message in the code.
Thanks.

Hey @CTCear, I was reading the last page (or so) and found your posting saying that some backups are corrupted, how can I check mine? I'm using the payload from Hetake 5.x (that was linked on Homebrew tutorial from this subforum).

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk
There's a big chance that it is corrupted. ipl5.x does not check for write errors and just continues.

The first thing to do is to check that your rawnand.bin has the exact same size in bytes with the size I have in OP.
If not, it's 100% corrupted. If yes, it may not be corrupted.

I would do a redump in your case.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have 3 times the same image. Please remove 2 of them.

So the message you are showing is actually the following:

That means that your backup is perfect!
And also that I'll check where I messed the message in the code.
Thanks.

There's a big chance that it is corrupted. ipl5.x does not check for write errors and just continues.

The first thing to do is to check that your rawnand.bin has the exact same size in bytes with the size I have in OP.
If not, it's 100% corrupted. If yes, it may not be corrupted.

I would do a redump in your case.
Will do it, can I dump it with my charger plugged in? I'm on 45% and will sleep soon.

Boblitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The yellow error is the same? what does it say?
It states the following:
Error: No Fat/Fat32/exFat filesystem
Failed to mount SD card (FatFS Error 13).
<Make sure that a Fat type partition exists>

It displays the same error for all of the MicroSD cards I own.

Last edited by Boblitz,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It states the following:
Error: No Fat/Fat32/exFat filesystem
Failed to mount SD card (FatFS Error 13).
<Make sure that a Fat type partition exists>

It displays the same error for all of the MicroSD cards I own.
I'll send you a PM with a version to test and find out what goes wrong.

And because I'm preparing a new version, if it really is a bug, I can fix it there.

z10m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys what is the expected time to complete eMMC backup.? Just tried it and it progresses at 1% every 8 minutes.! Is it normal.? At that speed it will take over 13 hours.

Ohex4455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys what is the expected time to complete eMMC backup.? Just tried it and it progresses at 1% every 8 minutes.! Is it normal.? At that speed it will take over 13 hours.
Took me around 40 to 50 minutes with a Samsung Evo + card. Do you have a slow card?

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks! And may I know what the SVC verification actually do?
It is already explained in a previous comment I did.

Can you implant the Jigtester payload?
What's the point? If you can enter RCM it just works.

Is there no way to set the brightnes?!
Not currently. But I want that feature. I don't like full blast backlights. Especially at night.
This could be incorporated with a lower default and a way to choose brightness, which will be saved in the hekate ini.
Also a battery % would be a nice feature to have.
(the above message is like a dev plan list. I intend to dev these.)

What sd card you have? manufacturer, model, capacity, class, uhs class, filesystem and cluster size.
(For me it takes 30minutes on my samsung evo plus u3 128GB with exfat 128KB. With my 16GB class 10 sandisk ultra fat32 32kb, it takes around 1.2hours).

Reactions: Azel and DocBo

z10m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What sd card you have? manufacturer, model, capacity, class, uhs class, filesystem and cluster size.
(For me it takes 30minutes on my samsung evo plus u3 128GB with exfat 128KB. With my 16GB class 10 sandisk ultra fat32 32kb, it takes around 1.2hours).

m7qb07.jpg

filesystem is exfat but im not sure how to check cluster size.

STKV182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Something strange happen to me when i made a dump of the full NAND.
First i made 2 backups of the NAND with hetake version 2.0 then i check them with a Igorhasher to check that the 2 separate NAND backups matched and they did.
The strange part was when i installed the version 2.1 with verification included and made 2 more full backups and neither of them matched, not even with the first 2 backups that i made with version 2.0.
So i need to know if this is normal or is there something wrong because with version 2.1 it went perfect with everything green at the end but the 2 didn't match in igorhasher, but with version 2.0 the 2 backups matched in igorhasher.
All of the backups that i made were Full Dump Raw EMMC because i had a 128gb sd

Dread_Pirate_PJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First i made 2 backups of the NAND with hetake version 2.0 then i check them with a Igorhasher to check that the 2 separate NAND backups matched and they did.
The strange part was when i installed the version 2.1 with verification included and made 2 more full backups and neither of them matched, not even with the first 2 backups that i made with version 2.0.
So i need to know if this is normal or is there something wrong because with version 2.1 it went perfect with everything green at the end but the 2 didn't match in igorhasher, but with version 2.0 the 2 backups matched in igorhasher.

Did you boot into Horizon OS in between the two full NAND backups made with 2.1? Booting into Horizon OS, even if you turn it off immediately after, that will make slight changes to your NAND.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
filesystem is exfat but im not sure how to check cluster size.
Normal should be around 7-10MB/s for your card. I mean with the low resource limitations that a bootloader imposes.
So I have a class 6 that is faster than yours. So your card may need different configuration.
First of all, I need a screenshot of the Console Info -> Sd card info.

Did you boot into Horizon OS in between the two full NAND backups made with 2.1? Booting into Horizon OS, even if you turn it off immediately after, that will make slight changes to your NAND.
This ^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work